GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello !
I would like to ask if i have to get a hardpipekit that matches my new turbos (hks 2530) ?. If so, is it possible to get some kind of turbo flenge or adapter etc tu use old one ? I heard from someone that the plastic parts of the piping should be replaced.
Is it worht the money buying a hardpipe kit ? (in tuning purpose)

Thanx guys...
//Varro

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
You can get the Nismo inlet pipe kit, which replaces the "twin turbo" pipe. This helps spool up from what i've heard, as the original pipework is restrictive, especially to the rear.

And if you are talking about the other pipes which go from the AFM's to the turbos, then these you'll have to buy with the HKS Full induction kit, which will come with HKS filters, adapters to the AFM, and new pipes from the AFM's to the turbos.

I'm going to be getting my ones replaced soon, but going to get them made myself.

The Z-Tune uses these aluminium (i guess) pipes from the AFM's to the turbo, so there must be a reason. But I have yet to see them listed by Nismo as a part for the public to buy.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To bad just baught apexi inductionkit (not all the way from turbo). If they dont fit with Afm's z32 then i have to buy a new kit. Maby this HKS that you are talking about.

Isint there any full piping kit for the R34 ? like HKS, i have looked at Nengun.com didint find any full kit there. Would be nice

Best regards //Varro

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
There should be. Around £1k IIRC

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
You can get the Nismo inlet pipe kit, which replaces the "twin turbo" pipe.
Anyone know if this pipe fits R32GTR? I see it mentioned in the Nismo catalogue but not for 32. Can it be made to fit??

Sorry for the hijack.
However by way of redemption,in answer to the original question, YES, a hardpipe kit is worth the money in looks alone :chuckle: . Any hardpipie kit (Trust/HKS/Nismo etc) should mate up fine with your 2530's.

TT

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Should be available from Sumo Power and the likes....

TT; well Nismo had discontinued this item around this time last year. And then I think by public demand they have brough it back into life. Whether or not its available for the BNR32, I don't know.

I have a Nismo 2005 Catalogue, and the part number in their for the BNR32 is
14460-RS580. Maybe of help

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have the Nismo intercooler hard pipe kit and inlet pipe, the 2530's are going on now.

I bought my inlet pipe from Nismo here in Japan, I expect most UK traders can source them for you though.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So then i would need the intercooler hardpipe kit and the inlet pipe (inlet, sry my english is not so godd, is that from AFM's to Turbos ?) And the HKS Inlet kit would make 2530 fit ?

Thanx

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just talked to a friend that drives R32 GTR, and he told me that its not necessary to change the inlet piping, hes running OEM piping with GT2530 Turbos.

So, is it necessary to change any of the OEM piping=intercooler piping+intake piping ?

best regards
//Varro

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I just talked to a friend that drives R32 GTR, and he told me that its not necessary to change the inlet piping, hes running OEM piping with GT2530 Turbos.

So, is it necessary to change any of the OEM piping=intercooler piping+intake piping ?

best regards
//Varro

2530's fit with all the standard piping.

You only reason to change the piping is for upgrade or for looks......

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanx guys, thanx for that.
Ill keep the original piping untill next season and focus on the More expensive stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts