GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would an R34 GTR front end fit on an R34 GTT?

What needs to be changed?
(Bonnet, Bumper, Front wings, Headlamps, etc)

Also, Roughly how much would this cost? (Estimate of course :popcorn: )

Just a thought...

Thanks

:clap:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How, I been of this forum for about 6 months and still dont know where it is, or how to use it? :(

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
from mu understanding, the only thing stopping a gtr front bumper fitting a gtt is the lip, if you cut the leading edge off a gtt bonett there would be room for the gtr lip on the bonett? is this right?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Cardiff R33 said:
from mu understanding, the only thing stopping a gtr front bumper fitting a gtt is the lip, if you cut the leading edge off a gtt bonett there would be room for the gtr lip on the bonett? is this right?
surely if you get the whole front end (ie bonnet/wings/bumper) this would eradicate this problem?

There is one for sale in the Cars For Sale section I remember...

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
i have a bonnet for sale

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
the wings dont mount anywhere near where they should so was hoping to use aftermatket,wider gtt front wings and then just the bonett and bumper from a gtr.

·
Registered
300 Posts
when I get my wings and bonnet ill let you know what all needs to be done think but not entirely sure yet but am thinking the bonnet catch release could be a problem gettin to as the gtr lip at the top is in the way. however going to find out for sure this weekend :-]

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! Iain please keep us updated mate!
:)

·
Registered
300 Posts
got my wings today so will try and fit them and bumper on sometime between now and the weekend. :) will take photos of the job and post them up and write about all the probs that I come across and how to reslove it (hopefully)
am sure there will be modifying required somewhere.

for anyone wanting to see a gtt that has already been converted check out http://www.girlsnmotors.co.uk/feature/r34jay.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there, Im quite new to this, but hear we go.

Ive just bought a r34 gtt back in april, which left japan with the frount of the car smashed. So ive replaced all of the panels on the frount with gtr ones. They will all fit in to place but you need to buy adaptors, ie wing runners, bonnet retaner catch, new bonnet hinges if your using a gtr bonnet. There is also some modifications needed done to the bumper renforcing bar.

If i could be of any help, i would be more than willing.

Send me an e-mail to [email protected] , and i can send you all of the part numbers and some pictures to help..

Hope that helps

William.

·
Registered
76 Posts
r34 gtr parts on r34 gtt.

:) hi william,
ive e-mailed you mate reguarding this subject, r you getting my mails? i would like the part numbers if pos please, as im in the middle of doing this too. many thanks marty. ([email protected])

·
Registered
76 Posts

thanks for the part numbers mate spot on! this should sort the problem out cheers marty.:)

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
To make the job a good un if you are going to that much trouble you can
buy 34gtr rear arches as well .There is one done I have seen on here and it looks pretty good , with out the back end done too it looks odd and too thin at the rear.

·
Registered
76 Posts

hia stealth so wheres the best place to the r34 gtr rear wings? or are they just a expensive nissan dealer part? cheers mate marty.:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
r34 gtr parts on a gtt

hi you can get the rear wings from nissan, about £350 each and £55 for petrol cap , but dont forget you have to widen the inner arch by two inches
i done my gtt two years a go ,front and back, still got the part numbers
if any one interested. have given them to two people in the last year,
and still have some gtr front parts.

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Think there was a car from OZ or New Zealand that had the full monty done to it ,apart from the interior you could not really tell .Anyone got the link from here as it was on this forum not too long ago.Nice looking GTT.:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
r34 gtr parts on r34 gtt

yer there one in oz and one in usa, and my one . cost about £4500 to do
it all,including total paint job in peal black from the outside you tell the
difference .just got to do the in side now , more money to find

1 - 20 of 50 Posts