GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me when the last R34GTR was produced, and what spec. ie, NUR/V-Spec/V-SpecII, or were all model's produced until end of production, if that make's sense.

Thank's all.

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Yeah I think they made about 20 Z tunes last year ,dont know if any are in the Uk or if they sold em or made em all yet. Were all the shells made from doner cars of like standard r34's ,I seem to remember they were as it was not possible to run new body shells for a short production run of this model.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Very few of the Z-tune are located outside Japan. I only know of one which is in Hong Kong. I´m not sure they´ve actually sold all 20 yet since it says like this on nismos website:

"SOLD OUT
Scheduled Quantity of Z-tune to Non-Japan Market is All Sold Out.
Thank You for Your Interest!"

But on the Japanese version of the site it seems it´s still possible to order them.
Nismo Z-tune

The R34 was taken out of production in August 2002 after 12,275 units made.

1999 - 5536
2000 - 1859
2001 - 2197
2002 - 1775
2003 - 908

I can´t swear that this is correct but this is what I´ve seen on the net before. Maybe someone can correct me or confirm??

/P

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
The Z-Tunes were not the last 34`s produced as they were cars that Nismo searched for and purchased, then modified.
The last R34`s that were produced were the 250 M-Spec Nur`s and the 750 Vspec 11 Nur`s which all sold on imediately on their day of release.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hodgie said:
The Z-Tunes were not the last 34`s produced as they were cars that Nismo searched for and purchased, then modified.
The last R34`s that were produced were the 250 M-Spec Nur`s and the 750 Vspec 11 Nur`s which all sold on imediately on their day of release.
hodgie is correct on this one

·
Registered
279 Posts
hodgie said:
correct!

·
Registered
990 Posts
an american bought one of the Z-Tunes. i'm not sure if the car was shipped to the US or bought by an ex-pat living in japan, but nissan did confirm an american buyer on the waiting list back before the Z-Tune was released.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
hodgie said:
The vspecII and 'standard' GTR were also still for sale during the period that the Nurs were made.
The last actual car made is documented in a GTR magazine (which I'll try to dig up) - I can remember that it wasn't a Nur though.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
FYI...
(from GTR magazine vol 47)

The 12,175th and final BNR34 rolled off the production line on August 29th 2002.
It was a Sparkling Silver vspecII (BNR34-404495)

·
6,821 Posts
Perra said:
Very few of the Z-tune are located outside Japan. I only know of one which is in Hong Kong. I´m not sure they´ve actually sold all 20 yet since it says like this on nismos website:

"SOLD OUT
Scheduled Quantity of Z-tune to Non-Japan Market is All Sold Out.
Thank You for Your Interest!"

But on the Japanese version of the site it seems it´s still possible to order them.
Nismo Z-tune

The R34 was taken out of production in August 2002 after 12,275 units made.

1999 - 5536
2000 - 1859
2001 - 2197
2002 - 1775
2003 - 908

I can´t swear that this is correct but this is what I´ve seen on the net before. Maybe someone can correct me or confirm??

/P

. . .2003 only 908 produced . . . was really low compared to the other years . . .a minus over 50% to 2002!How comes?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Those figures will be the numbers sold not the numbers produced. With production stopping in 2002 ,2003 will have lower sale as once there gone they gone.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
gtrlux said:
. . .2003 only 908 produced . . . was really low compared to the other years . . .a minus over 50% to 2002!How comes?
OK as far as i know there was a quiet time for production of the 34`s (not Nissans fault) but Getrag, the company who built the gear boxes were on strike.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts