GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have been a long time lurker of this forum and for the last few months have finally been actively posting. After seeing that Julien was able to get his yellow GTR project for the same price as my budget, I felt it was time to finally make this post. I have already reached out to a couple of members on here about cars but no luck yet.

I have lusted after an R34 since I was a child and it has always been a dream of mine that has been slightly out of reach. I have been saving like mad the last few years and I am now interested in buying an R34 GTR project. Every time I got a step closer to being able to buy one they seemed to go up in price by an equal amount.

I am interested in any cars located in the UK/EU and I will consider any condition as long as the car is priced accordingly. I am based in the Netherlands so viewings are easier in Europe, but I can easily come to the UK for viewings, COVID rules permitting.

I would prefer a car that is in rougher shape (not mint) as I am not interested in buying this as an investment, I want a car that I can drive the shit out of and enjoy, not keep tucked away in a heated garage.

I have a budget of EUR 40000 but can stretch a bit more for the right car. (When I left university and started working you could buy a nice one for this price 馃槳 )

If you have anything that you would consider selling in the near future please feel free to reach out to me via the forum or drop me an email at [email protected].

Cheers,

Rob

(Heres a pic of 16 year old me sitting in one about 10years ago)

Registered
It took julien like 2 to 3 years did it not? Say you may forget it. Any "cheap" gtr has been bought fixed up and now double to triple the price.Gtts are making 20 k up even 30. Get a gtr conversion two or three were for sale recently around the high 20s. I know you want a 34 gtr but have to be realistic too. See can you find one in japan auction with light body damage blown engine etc. Say its your best bet.even at that i doubt 40s enough.

Super Moderator
Julien was lucky indeed. The way the prices are even in the last 3-4 months I don't think you'll be lucky.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I know the market has gone mad the last couple months, but I may get lucky and find something. I will never find out if I don't at least try.

Sadly GTT s just don't do it for me. That's why I'm fine with a car that is missing parts or doesn't have a drivetrain. I'm not in a rush to buy, so a long term project is what I'm after.

Julien started with a lower budget and increased it over the years. I will be leaving this thread up and increasing it as my budget increases until I find something suitable.

Lets stay positive!

Registered
Very difficult to find one with that budget if not with a lot of damage that would eventually make you spend even more to fix it or find the missing parts ...

I wish you the best of luck with your project

Registered
I know the market has gone mad the last couple months, but I may get lucky and find something. I will never find out if I don't at least try.

Sadly GTT s just don't do it for me. That's why I'm fine with a car that is missing parts or doesn't have a drivetrain. I'm not in a rush to buy, so a long term project is what I'm after.

Julien started with a lower budget and increased it over the years. I will be leaving this thread up and increasing it as my budget increases until I find something suitable.

Lets stay positive!
Only going to go higher as they near getting legal. Either that or take out a mortgage on one. Cheapest one i saw recently is 109 thousand pounds a silver one

Registered
You get a real basket case on that budget if you find one, plus you probably need to pay taxes on a uk r34 to import it to the Netherlands.
Why not get a nice r33 gtr or r34 gtt for that money? they wont go down in value either.

Registered
Lets stay positive!
You might want to rethink about POSITIVE!?!?!?!? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:[

I know GTT don't do it for you but this may..??

If it's a project your after then pull out the engine and go RB26+drivetrain hunting..?? Gotta be easy me thinks...

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Only going to go higher as they near getting legal. Either that or take out a mortgage on one. Cheapest one i saw recently is 109 thousand pounds a silver one
One sold in the netherlands before christmas for around 74k, and there was a rusty one that sold here in September for 55k, unfortunately I couldn't sell my supra in time to get the money together for that one :(

JM imports also posted recently that they had one for around 75k, but I just dont have the budget for that yet.

There are still deals to be had out there, and im going to leave this thread up and keep increasing my budget until it works out!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
You get a real basket case on that budget if you find one, plus you probably need to pay taxes on a uk r34 to import it to the Netherlands.
Why not get a nice r33 gtr or r34 gtt for that money? they wont go down in value either.
I have a Supra at the moment that im in the process of converting to single turbo, and that's already higher on my list that an R33 or a GTT.

The only car I would sell the Supra for is an R34 GTR, so Ill keep this thread up and keep looking until it hopefully works out.

I am English/Dutch and have addresses in both the UK and NL, so where the car is registered isn't a massive issue for me thankfully!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
You might want to rethink about POSITIVE!?!?!?!? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:[

I know GTT don't do it for you but this may..??

If it's a project your after then pull out the engine and go RB26+drivetrain hunting..?? Gotta be easy me thinks...

I'm trying to make the best of an ever worsening situation sadly. I don't think that its right for me to tell myself that Ill never be able to afford one. So positive (optimistic) I will stay!

Ill leave this ad up and keep increasing my budget until it works out.

I still prefer my Supra to a GTT for that money, it just wouldn't be the same as a real GTR

Premium Member
I'm probably going to sell my GTT with the way prices are going. I still like the car and ive had it 3yrs but its a harder choice to justify when its appreciated the way it has, especially now ive been made a home-based worker and it just sits in the garage all the time.

I'll test the waters when the lockdown is over and private sales can continue.

Registered
One sold in the netherlands before christmas for around 74k, and there was a rusty one that sold here in September for 55k, unfortunately I couldn't sell my supra in time to get the money together for that one :(

JM imports also posted recently that they had one for around 75k, but I just dont have the budget for that yet.

There are still deals to be had out there, and im going to leave this thread up and keep increasing my budget until it works out!
Im just saying that even in a few weeks the prices have gone up. Theres adds everyday lads with serious cash everyday for them. 100k budgets. Im in ireland and theres literally fuckall for sale. Of any type of jdm car. All being bought up exported or locked away to gain more value. Of you find one put a deposit on it work out some deal to give you a chance to pay off the rest. I hope you find one

Super Moderator
Yeah at the start of last year you could still pick up an R34 GTR for 拢55K in average condition. Not now! Last 2-3 have been 100-150K.

Super Moderator
Yes I know the owner of one got full price (125k) and had two serious buyers, one in UK and one USA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts