GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I could do with an honest opinion please, preferably from a body shop guy on here with experience and / or who knows these cars..

What would be a rough estimate in price / hours to replace 2 rear quarters on a 2 door R34 coupe?

As in.. remove the 2 existing and replace with 2 brand new ones..

Would like to see how expensive and easy / hard of a job before i proceed any further..

Car has no crash damage and existing shell is mint.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
My rear quarter was replaced, but did a shoddy job on it water leak and rust.. they charged £1100 for labour to do the whole job.

My advice take it to someone who is really good with sheet metal work and knows his trade, take to any clown and you will regret it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there

Thanks for the reply... was your price just labour or did they supply the quarter aswell?

My plan was a good accidental repair place as i like to think they know there trade..

The cars my pride and joy so they will have to be very good.

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Nissan supplied the quarter as it was a hit and run claim but having been encourage by some other forum members I was told to use the recommended body shop. Needless to say it was a big mistake in hindsight .

There are only a few places I would use for bodywork who I know would do a spot on job.

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
You won't know until they do it cus most will give it all the big talk. Where in the country are you based?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts