GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mate's blue r34gtr was seized by the police for speeding, the car was taken to a compound in canary wharf....
we dont know if he will be able to have it back or not :(

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
WTF? I didn't know they were allowed to do that unless the driver is drunk or uninsured etc

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Holy crap!!!!!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The thought of donuts in the compound springs to mind! (i hope not for your mates sake?):bawling:
He must have been giving it some for them to take the car off him?
Come on give us clue to how fast he was really going?:confused:

·
Registered
525 Posts
yeah mate you must of been giving it some stick for them to take it ? did they catch you on camera? or using a lazer gun? did u admit it?? (hop not unless they could prove it) i would of said something got stuck in the peddel that cause it to jam or somthng anything so they didnt take it away. im suprised they didnt lock you up also?? hope you get it back i could imagine what it feels like with out your motor!!:mad:

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
my mate's blue r34gtr was seized by the police for speeding, the car was taken to a compound in canary wharf....
we dont know if he will be able to have it back or not :(

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: i could go on and on and it still will not be enough...poor bloke.

do i know him '3?

·
Registered
78 Posts
last week on an episode of Road wars a young boy had his starlet GT Turbo seized by the police.

A complaint was made to the police in his area by a civilian witness that he was speeding up and down the sea front.

Apparently they have changed the laws and if complains are received about your car behaving erratically on the road they can now confiscate the car.

You can get it back but not without first paying the cost of transporting the car to the impound and storage costs for the time its been there.

So - if you don't like someone there is nothing to stop you making a complaint and getting their car impounded.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
last week on an episode of Road wars a young boy had his starlet GT Turbo seized by the police.

A complaint was made to the police in his area by a civilian witness that he was speeding up and down the sea front.

Apparently they have changed the laws and if complains are received about your car behaving erratically on the road they can now confiscate the car.

You can get it back but not without first paying the cost of transporting the car to the impound and storage costs for the time its been there.

So - if you don't like someone there is nothing to stop you making a complaint and getting their car impounded.
Was that the one in Falkirk ? I heard there was a lot of bizzare police action against modified cars there recently. Police were out taking lists of all vehicles with modified exhausts/wheels/tints etc and forwarding them to insurance companys -sigh-

On reading that again I see you say seafront, Aberdeen or Ayr then?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Worryingly true.:(

Had police contact me and visit saying complaints been made about me racing up and down outside a local pub. Thing is I live opposite so am either slowing to turn in or pulling out and as its a 30mph limit....and the cars stickered up with my company details and my mates you tend to drive a bit sensibly anyway.

Turns out it's local Clampit family of retards who are just jealous!:banned:

Have heard of police going round to local cruises though and impounding any cars that have any undeclaired mods on as technically they are illegally on the road and will be uninsured.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Was that the one in Falkirk ? I heard there was a lot of bizzare police action against modified cars there recently. Police were out taking lists of all vehicles with modified exhausts/wheels/tints etc and forwarding them to insurance companys -sigh-

On reading that again I see you say seafront, Aberdeen or Ayr then?

Crail Loser......he said the car was taken to a compound in Canary Wharf which is down in Central London..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Crail Loser......he said the car was taken to a compound in Canary Wharf which is down in Central London..... :thumbsup:
-hugs- Post below by Willfal was refering to a Starlet being confiscated and hes from Scotshlandia but I see now he saw it on RoadWars so could again be anywhere in UK .... I will just go back to bed and return when I wake up then -grin-

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Obviously not good enough to be part of the kismet GTR dream "elite" r1cer's club, the guy got caught! He should have done 120 through the streets where most people slow down to 50.

Did he really get caught doing those speeds? I missed that.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Did he really get caught doing those speeds? I missed that.
no, the stupid bastard is trying to just continue his crap, that's all. If he doesn't like asians, that's fine.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
GTR-STILL

I dont know, but that's mentality of some of the r1cers on here.

I work in the Canary Wharf area and I know how built up and busy it is around here, I dont know what makes some GTR or Skyline GTS-T drivers think they're so special in and around London, if you make a mistake in a busy area there isnt much margin for you to do something about it.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
sidious/crail loser, can you please make this not another thread based around kismet? its getting slightly boring now as it is pretty childish.

back on topic please...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
sidious/crail loser, can you please make this not another thread based around kismet? its getting slightly boring now as it is pretty childish.

back on topic please...

I wasnt, my referance was simply to Kismets known love of street racing, I cited the comment "Living the Skyline dream Kismet style" as a reason for why the vehicle had been impounded. If thats too hard for you to grasp I will explain, I was suggesting the vehicle had be confiscated and impounded for street racing or speeding on public roads.

There was no hidded meaning, agenda or reason for my using that comment other than the one I have stated, I am sorry it went over your head but please take off the tin foil hat and approach my posts in the spirit they are written.

It was written without any malice nor ill intent and simply used as the subject was "topical" ... Kismet, it certainly did not warrant you PMing me and insulting me personally.

Unlike you however I do not need to feel the need to start an epic thread on the forum discussing how we should deal with that insult ... you and I shall continue via PM and sort that out between us.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.