GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there drove down to greece , non stop 1400miles , with out any problem
2 days after i arrived ,the car was feeling stange when im off trottel ,it can not keep revs with out trottel , theye told me here that it might be the crappy fuel i putted in as i arrived in greece , so whe changed the fuell filter , and putted 100+ vpower in plus a bottel off octane booster , seemed to solved the problem but 2 weeks later after 3or 4 refills with octanebooster as a suplement ,yesterday it started again , when we changed the fuell filter there was alot off shit in , could it be that as i was runing low on fuell the fuell pump sucked in stuff ? has any body had something similar , the gasket on the inletmaniafold on the engine is ok , it must be somthing with the fuelling , help me out on this cause i need to drive back in 10 days ,

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Try to check the fuelpressure,i would not drive home again with knowing that something is wrong. Go to the next garage and try to measure the fuelpressure,check the plugs,change the filter again and try to go out of greece as fast as possible:wavey:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Phillip,

Greek fuel in general is 5hit and dirty. Only country that still uses black diesel i think.

I would change fuel filter and spark plugs or at least check them. Most petrol stations never clean there tanks so all you need is to ge the scrapings from the barrell and you r stuffed.

Change filter and keep checking it when u fill up. I am surprised you needed octane booster for V-power. It 99.9 ron. I would also reset ecu.

Gerry

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

hi there i will check fuell press tomorow , above 3000rpm lambda readings are ok got a widebandmeter in the car , today the car is ok again no problem at all , yesterday the fuellpump made a diffrend sound , today it sounded nice again , there must be some dirt some where i guess in the tank , evo6 . fuell press is ok other wise my lambda readings would be allover the place wich is not the issue. gez , i use octane booster cause theye say its vpower ,but theye puting 95ron , it was on the news here the last weeks ,cause vpower is 1,30 euro and normal fuell 1,06 euro

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
If you have a afr gauge inside,thats perfect,just check the afr when driving home,but if the afr is ok,the fuelpressure should be ok too.

maybe check the plugs and change the filter befor you go home to let the dirty in greece:p

Anyway,wish you nice holidays:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts