GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , I am going to need to change my sound system in my r34 gtr , I will try and put a picture up of the current set up but there is what looks like an original CD player at the top which is linked to the mdf . Underneath is the heater /air con control unit . Followed by a single din CD player . Most set ups I've seen show the heater unit at the top and then a double din system underneath . Can anyone advise me on best way of changing what I have ? Thanks in advance for any help . radio.jpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm a fan of the pioneer appradio, you can link your Android device and use it as a touchscreen for your phone, which means you can get Google maps, Spotify and we'll basically all your phone access on a touchscreen in your car

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
you can't move the heater controls up as they aren't as wide as the version designed to go at the top.. I bought a second hand heater top version control unit from a GTT - I swapped the electronics though to keep the same colour lcd screen backlight the GTT one was green the original GTR was clear..

I had your set up originally and the top unit played CD's with the track info etc displayed on the mfd if you chose that display option. Mine also featured a Jap domestic market Satnav system with boxes in the boot also for a Japanese analogue TV which isn't unfortunately of any use in the UK. The original radio worked OK with an inline aerial converter to shift the frequencies to pick up UK channels - without the converter you can get radio2 and not much else..

What you may not know or you may, so forgive this... is that the two inputs on the top unit are for sound and video. So you can use one input for your phone to play music, listen to calls through the stereo etc.. and if you use an NTSC video source with sound you can connect it with the video and sound inputs to watch it through the MFD by choosing the aux input in the TV menu - assuming it has those options.. Mine also had a little red button on the side of the centre console which for ages was a mystery. But it turned out to be an override so you could watch TV or video inputs while driving as it overided the standard cut off feature.. - JDM electronics are great aren't they..

I only removed mine when I fitted the Nismo MFD upgrade and Nismo 2 bar boost sensor under the bonnet.

I personally would just leave it as it is having fannied about with mine I often just preferred to listen to the exhaust note... I was also reluctant to change the very lightweight speakers they put in from the factory but I did in the end...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts