GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB standard R34 GTR stereo.

If you have one that works and you want to shift it let me know.

·
Super Moderator
15,773 Posts
The U.K. One is Kenwood with a fold out face and six CD changer in the boot for info (mine still has it!)

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the info.

The car is an import v spec 2. Do you know what it would have come with?

What is the model number for the Kenwood?

I have found some Kenwood plugs in the car but not a CD changer. Currently its got a gash (as far as I'm concerned) Alpine fold out sat nav multimedia HDD minidisc thing in Japanese.

I dont listen to Radio 2 so it simply has to go :p

·
Registered
537 Posts
The standard R34 stereo would of been the one that you can only get Radio 2 on.

Middlehurst will have fitted after market ones once they arrived in the UK for the UK R34 models and may differ depending on what was available at the time of delivery

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only need the stereo for a photo shoot although I would prefer one that actually works. The car is a completely standard car except a few items, the stereo been one so I will swap this in and then swap it out afterwards.

To avoid the dreaded Radio 2 the car will get a UK radio for normal day to day but I would be happy with a standard item from the time that Middlehurst would have put on.

So actually I still need the standard Japanese radio and a 'standard' Middlehurst stereo from 2001.

Info on either would be appreciated.

Thanks again! :)

·
Super Moderator
15,773 Posts

Middlehurst will have fitted after market ones once they arrived in the UK for the UK R34 models and may differ depending on what was available at the time of delivery
All of the UK cars had in the Kenwood unit from what I've seen. Anything else in the car is a later change over.

·
Administrator
31,668 Posts

Hey,
Tell us a bit about your car while you are hear. This photo shoot sound interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I have the Middlehurst fold down Kenwood head unit with the 6cd changer in the boot if that's what your after?

Cheers
Neil

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi thanks for the info guys.

Neilo are you wanting to sell it? Photo's and price? I tried to PM you but I can only seem to send 'Visitor messages'.

The photo shoot isn't 100% in the bag yet but close I feel. I am just getting everything in place so if it does come off then the car is how I want it. I don't want to jinx it either though so you will have to be patient :)

Car is a standard R 34 GTR V Spec 2. No mods except an Apexi silencer, a MINES carbon radiator cover and some wheel spacers.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Yes Tiff I'll get some pics for you this week sometime but not sure what it's worth.

Cheers
Neil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts