GTR Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Everything is done. First testdrive yesterday!
Clutch is a little loud in the first and second gear at around 1000 - 2000 rpm.

I think this is normal and will be gone after few hundred km.

Yes the noise will suddenly just "be gone" in a few hunderd km's...:bowdown1::chuckle::clap:

Man youve been told time & time again on this thread, Its a GETRAG gearbox that is ment to run a dual mass flywheel as Std, you, me & most others are running solid flywheel/Twin/Tripple plate clutches & so this is just a chartiristic of the GETRAG box now due to not having a dampener (Eg, Std Dual Mass Flywheel) Hence this noise will not just got away...

Have a look on youtube there are plenty of Video's showing the noise's made by Getrags with proper clutches, Il make a Video of mine if you want & if you think yours is noisy.....lol...:thumbsup:

On a lighter note, am glad you got it sorted & hope you start to enjoy using your new GTR now...

Si...

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
OMG if i had that kind of noises i would think that the gearbox is touching the ground, or the first gears are completely destroyed. MP2 BNR34 you must be feeling nice to have that rebuilded box and especially the combo, did the vibrations disappeared now? whats next now ? :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
i hate flywheel noise but only known them in neutral. those noises are probably not going away anytime soon:( what kind of oil did you use?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The noises are definitly from the clutch! You can hear the difference between clutch is pressed and depressed.

When i put my foot on the clutch pedal and rev a little bit, there is no noise.
When the clutch is not pressed (no gear in) and rev a little bit there is the noise!
The same noise in the first 2 gears. I think this "rattle" is normal and will be gone in the next 500 to 1000km.

Transmission work very good. No noise at all. No vibrations on the gearstick at all. I use Mobil ATF 220 Dexron II. GETRAG said this oil is absolutly ok, or the same than the ESSO Dexron II which is discontinued.

Nest: driving the car hehe. I have to work on our freehold apartment and garage. This will cost a lot of money this year and the beginning of 2010. But maybe when this is done and the GTR is still running, we will see whats up next

·
Registered
459 Posts
Glad to hear this worked out. My R34 had a replacement box after 16,000 miles under warranty after it started making a variety of noises at idle and whilst driving. The cost of a new one fitted was rumoured to be £5k in 2004.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
The noises are definitly from the clutch! You can hear the difference between clutch is pressed and depressed.

When i put my foot on the clutch pedal and rev a little bit, there is no noise.
When the clutch is not pressed (no gear in) and rev a little bit there is the noise!
The same noise in the first 2 gears. I think this "rattle" is normal and will be gone in the next 500 to 1000km.

Transmission work very good. No noise at all. No vibrations on the gearstick at all. I use Mobil ATF 220 Dexron II. GETRAG said this oil is absolutly ok, or the same than the ESSO Dexron II which is discontinued.

Nest: driving the car hehe. I have to work on our freehold apartment and garage. This will cost a lot of money this year and the beginning of 2010. But maybe when this is done and the GTR is still running, we will see whats up next
glad to hear that!! i believe you should leave the apartment you should tune the baby instead hehe. I will probably rebuild my box as well before i fit the future new engine just to feel more comfortable, mine sometimes has the noises when i release the clutch at idle but i have no idea what clutch it has all i know is that is soft and operating outstanding , maybe the noises are from a special surprise clutch will see when i open it, will be the surprise kinder.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you remove your transmission? I have removed all the bellhousing bolts and the damn thing will not release. Something about a throwout bearing clip? Cannot find it. Any help?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
How did you remove your transmission? I have removed all the bellhousing bolts and the damn thing will not release. Something about a throwout bearing clip? Cannot find it. Any help?
its on the clutch arm. cant remember without looking how to do it but its simply.

Stock clutch i presume your doing!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a complete BNR34 V spec drivetrain. I currently have the engine & trans on my garage floor on the front subframe. The motor has some good mods to it already. I imagine the clutch is not stock. Regardless I need to remove the trans so I can inspect the clutch prior to installing it into the BNR32. Maybe a mirror and smaller flashlight to place into the bellhousing will help me see this damn clip.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts