GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have searched for this but as its a bit difficult to quantify I'm struggling to find an answer.

I'm getting an almost standard 1999 R34 GTR Imported by Jurgen (arriving end of march), which I'm crazy excited about.. I know as standard (when new) the cars would produce around 320bhp.

The car I'm getting only has an exhaust system (don't know which one) and apex air filters on it. I'd be impressed to be honest if its running around 330bhp considering the age of the vehicle.

My question is roughly what sort of power should it be producing?

I ask because I've no idea what sort of reaction these engines have to light tuning, so would be interested in finding out more.

I know the only real way to get the answer would be to stick it on a dyno and find out when it arrives, but I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance folks,
John

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's cool, what difference would an ecu upgrade / remap make to that.. loads or not a lot?

I'm sure I read somewhere that someone was pushing close to 400 with just an exhaust, induction kit & remap.. but that can't be right?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Remap with nistune keeping all the same will be max 1.0 to 1.1 Bar on standard tubs and very close to 400. Then its gonna cost you in upgrades

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's crazy, so much power for such little effort. Spent a small fortune getting my pulsar to that sort of power level.

To be honest it's going to be a daily driver so I don't think I'd want more power than 400 anyway. Might look at getting a nistune daughter-board fitted at some point next year in that case, thanks for the quick responses, much appreciated :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts