GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
You asked early on about exhaust manifold for RB30 as taller engine. It's a stock RB26 head, so any of those fit. However you have a single turbo, so you have to use a single turbo manifold. There are a number of good manifold's off the shelf for single turbo.
They likely went single turbo when they changed to LHD as low mount twins get in way of steering column. Also watch, Dubai did/do lots of conversions using Maxima dashboard but their wiring skills are awful. Recommend you do good check over.
Engine is "taller" due to longer stroke, however RIPS in New Zealand I think has done some revised engine mounts that drop engine lower if major problem. BUT, understand that also lowers your sump and means your existing exhaust and IC piping won't fit. If your (new) exhaust manifold relocates the turbo from original position you will need to adjust anyway.
The RB30 engine is OK normally as is, just very close to bonnet. You also seem to have junked the single throttle body and plenum for stock TB's and plenum. If that ECU was mapped for other kit you need the map checking as a precaution.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
You asked early on about exhaust manifold for RB30 as taller engine. It's a stock RB26 head, so any of those fit. However you have a single turbo, so you have to use a single turbo manifold. There are a number of good manifold's off the shelf for single turbo.
They likely went single turbo when they changed to LHD as low mount twins get in way of steering column. Also watch, Dubai did/do lots of conversions using Maxima dashboard but their wiring skills are awful. Recommend you do good check over.
Engine is "taller" due to longer stroke, however RIPS in New Zealand I think has done some revised engine mounts that drop engine lower if major problem. BUT, understand that also lowers your sump and means your existing exhaust and IC piping won't fit. If your (new) exhaust manifold relocates the turbo from original position you will need to adjust anyway.
The RB30 engine is OK normally as is, just very close to bonnet. You also seem to have junked the single throttle body and plenum for stock TB's and plenum. If that ECU was mapped for other kit you need the map checking as a precaution.
Thanks a lot ATCO for all the explanation. It was converted in Abu Dhabi and the work done is just degusting, that's why i want to rebuild the car first and after that make a good restoration. I see this exhaust manifold that but i do not know this brand and if it is a good quality product:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
6BOOST do good single turbo manifolds. Make your own at a push!
What came on car since you haven't shown engine?
Exhaust needs to be AT LEAST 75mm diameter, 100mm better, 125mm if you can get away with it!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)
6BOOST do good single turbo manifolds. Make your own at a push!
What came on car since you haven't shown engine?
Exhaust needs to be AT LEAST 75mm diameter, 100mm better, 125mm if you can get away with it!
Thanks ATCO i will look the website and i will see for the exhaust diameter . Car was in a garage for an upgrade (chassis/engine/gearbox) and the owner died. So the car was like the pictures for about 15 years.

A quick test

Now everythings are well connected:

And i saw that the clutch cylinder was missing on the gearbox. Good news this parts is in the boot. I just need to buy the cover dust.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Some new used ans new parts:

If someone has the bracket for the pcm valve I am interested.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
i received the cover dust for the clutch so now i have all the necessary parts to reassemble the clutch slave cylinder.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts