GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, picked up my beautiful R34 Spec from Bashman40 yesterday.

I now have a fault, with the MFD.

Randomly (most times i take it out) the MFD will be working fine, and then it will bleep, and the screen will show this:

No matter what buttons i press it does nothing, no response.

It will then bleep every 5 minutes. (To remind me how annoying it is to have a broken MFD display).

Sometimes, i am lucky and it works as it should.

Bash who i bought the car from, wasn't aware of this issue.

Maybe someone can help? Thanks!
Dan

·
Registered
144 Posts
Seems like your car has the factory DVD based navigation system fitted, but someone's removed the program disc, so whenever it tries to update its position by GPS it can't pull the map information. You are probably going to have to either get a copy of that disc or disconnect the navigation system.

There might be an "off" button on the navigation unit if it's installed in the DIN..."DISP ***20999;***26367;" ? I don't have one to try right now unfortunately.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like your car has the factory DVD based navigation system fitted, but someone's removed the program disc, so whenever it tries to update its position by GPS it can't pull the map information. You are probably going to have to either get a copy of that disc or disconnect the navigation system.

There might be an "off" button on the navigation unit if it's installed in the DIN..."DISP ***20999;***26367;" ? I don't have one to try right now unfortunately.

Thanks for that, very useful. I am not really sure where to go from here. I wont be using the Nav so would happily unplug it if possible, any tips or advice mutely appreciated. I don't want to go ripping things apart just yet :p!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i have a copy of the stock navi disc, need to check.
That would be amazing, please do let me know.

Slightly confused as to why the previous owner would have taken this out as he said he never an issue before with it. As long as it's fixed i am not fussed though, love the car!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anybody know if it is possible to unplug / switch off the NAV so that it does not interfere with the MFD / Dials etc?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Mine has the sat nav option, it is turned off and on via the stereo system, I still have the two standard stereo's fitted

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine has the sat nav option, it is turned off and on via the stereo system, I still have the two standard stereo's fitted
Than you, Previous owner fitted Pioneer head unit in the lower hole. Not really sure where to go from here with it. Just want to disable / turn off the Nav so that (Hopefully) the MFD works as usual.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Than you, Previous owner fitted Pioneer head unit in the lower hole. Not really sure where to go from here with it. Just want to disable / turn off the Nav so that (Hopefully) the MFD works as usual.
Just try pressing all the buttons, my is all in Japanese so I just press everything untill I get back to the the mfd, I never use the stereo anyways.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just try pressing all the buttons, my is all in Japanese so I just press everything untill I get back to the the mfd, I never use the stereo anyways.

I think i will put the standard stereo back in, i personally wouldn't have fitted anything else anyway. I know the car doesnt have the NAV disc in it, does yours? Thanks

·
Registered
916 Posts
I think i will put the standard stereo back in, i personally wouldn't have fitted anything else anyway. I know the car doesnt have the NAV disc in it, does yours? Thanks
I wouldn't know, it's not in the stereo or the disk changer, but the sat nav does work, I just can't understand it, the tv is there too, but it can't pick any program's up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts