Greetings from Australia.

Finally getting round to making a build thread on my 1999 R34 GTR Vspec

Herewith some pics from the day I purchased the car

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I purchased the car in 2018 after selling my beloved R32 GTR which i had owned for about 5 years!

The R34 GTR was almost stock and the only mods consisted of the following:

HKS Super Turbo Cat Back Exhaust & Front Pipe
TE37 Tokyo Time Attacks 18x9.5+12
Nismo S-Tune Front Bumper
Nismo S-Tune Side Skirts & Rear Pods
Sunline LED Rear Tail Lights
Nismo 320kph Speedometer
HKS Pod Filters
HKS Turbo Timer

All that would soon change:D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You must be the only Aussie going down the 2.8 stroker route :bowdown1:. Don't you have guys chewing your ear off saying the 'RB30 is the only way to go!' or 'for the same price as a stroker you could have Rob @R.I.P.S put his nuts on this build' etc etc...what made your decision on the 2.8? :smokin:

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
You must be the only Aussie going down the 2.8 stroker route :bowdown1:. Don't you have guys chewing your ear off saying the 'RB30 is the only way to go!' or 'for the same price as a stroker you could have Rob @R.I.P.S put his nuts on this build' etc etc...what made your decision on the 2.8? :smokin:
Not all Aussies are like that lol.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely have had a few people ask me why I never wanted a RB26/30 as there are a few in Aus! I've just always envisioned having a R34 GTR with a 2.8 as my favourite 34's all have 2.8's (Mines GTR, MCR GTR and Z-Tune:bowdown1:)

Im also a sucker for rare jdm and Nismo parts and i'm unsure if things would fit with a RB30 block sitting higher in the bay!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx for the kind words guys! Nice to see a few friends from Instagram here :chuckle:

Before diving head first into the 34's transformation, here are some pics of my old R32 GTR that I sold to make my R34 GTR dream come true! I miss this car!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Thanx for the kind words guys! Nice to see a few friends from Instagram here :chuckle:

Before diving head first into the 34's transformation, here are some pics of my old R32 GTR that I sold to make my R34 GTR dream come true! I miss this car!
....now you can dive in! So what have you done?!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The first few mods I actually bought before I even owned the car. Being a Huge Mines Motorsports fan:bowdown1: I managed to aquire the following

Mines Leather & Alcantara Steering wheel
Mines TypeII Aero Mirrors in Green Carbon
Mines Titanium Strut Brace
Mines Carbon Kevlar Intake Duct
RB28 Custom Number Plates

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3802.JPG

IMG_4039.JPG

IMG_3803.JPG

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The first few mods I actually bought before I even owned the car. Being a Huge Mines Motorsports fan:bowdown1: I managed to aquire the following

View attachment 248507

View attachment 248509

View attachment 248511

View attachment 248513

View attachment 248515
No Mines exhaust :eek:, easily the nicest sounding exhaust for the Skyline GTR IMO. Even if a little restrictive :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No Mines exhaust :eek:, easily the nicest sounding exhaust for the Skyline GTR IMO. Even if a little restrictive :)
I was actually offered a Mines exhaust but it was just way to restrictive for my build. Im also not using E85 so I decided to stick with the HKS Super Turbo Catback for now!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Before actually taking delivery of my 99 Vspec I managed to purchase a 2002 VspecII Nur that had unfortunately been written off! I planned to use as many of the Nur items as I could as it only had 40 000km on the clock!

Time to get cracking on building my dream GTR as Nur tax has taken them out of my price range:bawling:

A pic of the 2 GTR's before the swaps started happening

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As soon as both GTR's were in the garage we went to work!

First up was the Mines mirrors, Mines steering wheel and VspecII Nur 300kph cluster!

Here are some before and after photos :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts

View attachment 248507

View attachment 248509

View attachment 248511

View attachment 248513

View attachment 248515
Very nice! I got the same steering wheel as well! I will get other Mines stuff soon:bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice! I got the same steering wheel as well! I will get other Mines stuff soon:bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:
Thnx ETang! Yeah their products are amazing. Ive been in the Mines Demo car and seen some of their full package street cars. I can say all the parts they produce fit like OEM!

1 - 20 of 116 Posts