GTR Forum banner
181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 · (Edited)
I actually have few carbon Mine's items on order currently on backorder with a date expected to be delivered to my door (Im assuming RHD may have a special connection with them or something of some sort) but instead of the special Green hue that they made they are more of a carbon fading into black color(probably a bad description) and not sure if it changes depending on the angle or not. They may not be as unique as their prior versions(Ones on your car) but im a Mine's fan as well. Since i have the items order i was curious on how they have held up since you seem to enjoy your R34 rather than a garage queen haha.
Yeah my mirrors are still great. I think the newer ones are probably better made than the older ones as the blue mirror seems thicker. I've got a friend with the Mines Demo VspecII Nur and he has a set of the new ones. They are beautifully made, as is everything from Mines! They also look good on any colour car imo

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
So I finally got around to replacing my Double Din in the GTR. It's nice to have something in English after almost 4 years. Unfortunately we (Melbourne) has been in the longest lockdown in the world, so I haven't really driven the car or done much work on it this year.

A good friend of mine got a fancy Double Din with Apple car play and every feature under the sun. He was generous enough to gift me his old unit and add a pretty cool feature, via a VGA convertor, to be apple to run Apple Maps and videos on my MFD. Very handy for drives in the hills when you don't know where you're going.

It's obviously not HD but certainly a cool feature and it kicks back to the normal MFD display if you reach "the red zone" on any of the sensors.
Media player Communication Device Television set Gadget Audio equipment
Gadget Automotive tire Electronic device Gas Machine

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 · (Edited)
After many year I finally got to drive a Supra. My neighbour has two Mk4 Supra's and I was lucky enough to drive the turbocharged one.

It's a Ferrari Scudaria Red Mk4 Supra SZ with a 1JZ-GTE making 300rwkw.

Definitely doesn't have the grip of a GTR but extremely fun to drive and sounds amazing. Above 5000 rpm the pitch changes dramatically and it really comes alive.

It also had no BOV so sounded like a VL Turbo (A Holden Commodore with a RB30 Turbo) when it doses.

Herewith some pics

Attachments

181 - 185 of 185 Posts