GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Next up we pulled out the front seats of the Vspec and replaced them with the black series 2 seats from the VspecII Nur. The grey Vspec seats actually had an airbag option on them. Only about 800 R34 GTR's (out of over 11 000) had this option! Very rare indeed.

I had to run a loop on the seats airbag sensor, as the Nur seats were not fitted with airbags and this set of the airbag light on the dash.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Next up we pulled out the front seats of the Vspec and replaced them with the black series 2 seats from the VspecII Nur. The grey Vspec seats actually had an airbag option on them. Only about 800 R34 GTR's (out of over 11 000) had this option! Very rare indeed.
Ah so that’s what that thing on the side/rear of the seat is. I always assumed it was an extra armrest lol

·
Registered
41 Posts

I had to run a loop on the seats airbag sensor, as the Nur seats were not fitted with airbags and this set of the airbag light on the dash.
I am really starting to think the black S2 interiors do look much better in these than the grey!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ah so that’s what that thing on the side/rear of the seat is. I always assumed it was an extra armrest lol
so did I haha. Only noticed the SRS AIRBAG label once I took delivery of the car. It looks very bulky and I prefer the seats without the airbag option.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I am really starting to think the black S2 interiors do look much better in these than the grey!
agreed! Loving the black. Quite ironic that they actually changed the colour to save on production costs. I have noticed the series 2 rear seats don't have seatbelt guides though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
agreed! Loving the black. Quite ironic that they actually changed the colour to save on production costs. I have noticed the series 2 rear seats don't have seatbelt guides though.
Interesting, I wasn't aware of the seatbelt guides! Cheers.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Things started to get exciting once we pulled out my stock RB26:chuckle:

The engine bay was to get a new lick of paint.
A fresh coat of QM1 white in semi gloss was chosen as the stock matte white paint just looked too dull for my liking. New OEM Nissan stickers were ordered from Japan to replace the old ones.

After the bay was painted the car went to RacePace Motorsports where my HKS 2.8 was waiting:runaway: Motor Specs are as follows

MOTOR:
-HKS 256° 8.7mm Lift Exhaust Camshaft
-HKS Valcon Vcam Controller
-HKS Step2 Vcam Kit
-HKS Step2 2.8L Stroker Kit
-HKS Super Turbo Exhaust System
-HKS Oil Filler Cap
-Tomei Oil Pump
-Tomei Expreme Downpipes
-Tomei Expreme Exhaust Manifolds
-Garrett GT2860R-5 Turbochargers
-RacePace Custom Turbo Actuators
-RacePace Catch Can/Washer Bottle
-RacePace 9L Custom Baffled Circuit Sump
-RacePace Adjustable Exhaust Cam Gear
-RacePace Stage2 Head
-RacePace Modified PWR Radiator
-RacePace Equal Length Front Pipes
-ARP Head Studs
-ARP Main Studs
-ACL Main Bearings
-Nismo Engine Mounts
-Nismo N1 24U Block
-Nismo N1 Water Pump
-Nismo 1.2mm Head Gasket
-Nismo Low Temp Thermostat
-Nismo 276LH Fuel Pump
-Nismo Radiator Cap
-Nismo Z-Tune 100mm Intercooler
-Nismo Intake Piping
-Nismo Z32 AFM's
-Nismo Intake Duct
-Splitfire Coilpacks
-SARD 700cc Injectors
-Apexi Power FC With Hand Controller

PICS TO FOLOW:thumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Lovely spec, but why the Apexi PFC?
Thanx mate! The Power FC came with the Nur and my Vspec still had the stock ECU. Another bonus was my tuner loves Power FC's. Cost was also a factor though as I priced up a full Flex Fuel kit so I could run E85/98. It wasnt cheap:eek:

Haltech, Trigger Kit (This is needed as I was told Haltech's actually lose track of Timing in RB's after 7000rpm), Flex Sensor, Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Lines, Fuel Rail etc. This would cost me another $5000+ and after this build I could bring myself to do it when the car could make over 400kw on 98RON fairly easily.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
As promised, here are some pics of the engine bay before and after a fresh coat of semi gloss QM1 white.

As you can see the matte white was looking a bit tired and had seen better days! A few stains and marks from almost 20 years of driving and fiddling took its toll.

The new paint is absolutely flawless! Amazing work done by SL Customs in Melbourne:bowdown1:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Thanx mate! The Power FC came with the Nur and my Vspec still had the stock ECU. Another bonus was my tuner loves Power FC's. Cost was also a factor though as I priced up a full Flex Fuel kit so I could run E85/98. It wasnt cheap:eek:

Haltech, Trigger Kit (This is needed as I was told Haltech's actually lose track of Timing in RB's after 7000rpm), Flex Sensor, Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Lines, Fuel Rail etc. This would cost me another $5000+ and after this build I could bring myself to do it when the car could make over 400kw on 98RON fairly easily.
That’s understandable, I was just a little shocked as I thought you bought it along with the rest of the parts (a very nice list of parts btw).

I’ll pipe down and enjoy the show now :chuckle:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
That’s understandable, I was just a little shocked as I thought you bought it along with the rest of the parts (a very nice list of parts btw).

I’ll pipe down and enjoy the show now :chuckle:
haha yeah I get a lot of questions as to why my car is running a PFC. My good friend is also running one on his HKS Step Zero 2.8 with 2530's. Simple and effective.

It's also not like Kakarot to pipe down:chuckle: The more questions the merrier:thumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Some pics as promised.

HKS 2.8L Kit Step 2 Rated 588kW(800ps)

Forged piston kit (nickel plated & piston surface has a final molybdenum coating).
Fully forged & balanced counter crankshaft.
H-cross section connecting rods.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
More pics of the HKS Step2 RB28 kit. Notice the cutouts in the piston crown to accommodate the Step2 Vcam's extra swing. The parts almost look too good to put inside a block:chuckle:

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Probably my favourite part of the motor. HKS Vcam:smokin: The difference this makes on a build is unreal. A friend of mine added Vcam to his RB28 with GTX2860's and noticed gains of 100kw+ in the mid range. A HKS 256 exhaust camshaft was chosen with 8.7mm lift.

Here are some pics of the Vcam components. The rocker cover has some nice details including a Vcam badge and a 'HKS POWER' logo on the rear. The Valcon controller was hidden away under my dash so Police dont see, Such a pity as it is a pretty cool looking controller

Attachments

41 - 60 of 105 Posts