Registered
2,075 Posts
How are you finding the v cam?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
How are you finding the v cam?
The Vcam with the 2.8 is unreal. There is strong low to mid range torque. It also feels like the car comes on boost smoother than a 2.6 with cams.

Here's before an after Vcam Step1 was installed on a friends car with the same setup, unfortunately I dont have before and after comparison. RB28, GTX2860-5's, E85.

Same dyno, same fuel, same exhaust cam and same boost. Only change was Vcam. As you can see, the car gained 100kw mid range. There was definitely a large gain top end but the car was spinning on the dyno.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
The Vcam with the 2.8 is unreal. There is strong low to mid range torque. It also feels like the car comes on boost smoother than a 2.6 with cams.

Here's before an after Vcam Step1 was installed on a friends car with the same setup, unfortunately I dont have before and after comparison. RB28, GTX2860-5's, E85.

Same dyno, same fuel, same exhaust cam and same boost. Only change was Vcam. As you can see, the car gained 100kw mid range.

Super progressive. Can´t believe how amazing that engine develop such linear power

·
Registered
2,075 Posts

Same dyno, same fuel, same exhaust cam and same boost. Only change was Vcam. As you can see, the car gained 100kw mid range.

Thanks bro. Very good info. I’m thinking of going for the step pro. It looks like it does wonders everywhere.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Thanks bro. Very good info. I’m thinking of going for the step pro. It looks like it does wonders everywhere.
Here's a before and after comparison with Vcam Pro. R34 GTR built by Powertune Australia. Full build is on their website

-HKS Vcam Pro
-RB28
-EFR9174
-Motec M150
-Kaiketsu Mechanical Fuel pump & trigger kit

Attachments

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Here's a before and after comparison with Vcam Pro. R34 GTR built by Powertune Australia. Full build is on their website

-HKS Vcam Pro
-RB28
-EFR9174
-Motec M150
-Kaiketsu Mechanical Fuel pump & trigger kit

Great info. Thanks a million. That***8217;s a massive improvement.

Do you know what exhaust cam they used?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Great info. Thanks a million. That’s a massive improvement.

Do you know what exhaust cam they used?
No worries.

IN: HKS Vcam Pro 264/10
EX: HKS 272/10.2.
Green curve is with VCam running. White curve is with VCam turned off running like a normal cam.
1.04a/r on the exhaust housing.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
No worries.

IN: HKS Vcam Pro 264/10
EX: HKS 272/10.2.
Green curve is with VCam running. White curve is with VCam turned off running like a normal cam.
1.04a/r on the exhaust housing.:thumbsup:
Wow they didn’t even use an aggressive exhaust cam.

Very interesting.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
:chuckle:Back to my car!

Herewith some pics of the TE37's getting refurbished:smokin:
I went with an original Rays optional colour of Satin Black and ordered genuine Rays stickers from Japan. Im very happy with the outcome as it reminds me of the 1999 JGTC Winning R34 GTR (The Famous RB28 powered Pennzoil car)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Before the motor was dropped in there was about a week where I had 2 GTR's that were unable to move:bawling: Needless to say the girlfriend just looked at me and shook her head :chuckle:

Half the car was painted in order to blend the colour perfectly. The car was the put on a flatbed and taken back to the paint shop to fit and paint the following

Nismo R-Tune bonnet
Nismo Z-Tune fenders
Nismo S-Tune bumper

All genuine Nismo items:smokin:
Are there any plans for the 2nd donor car?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #92 (Edited)
Some more interior bits have been added to the mix. Nismo harnesses made by Willans really look the part! These are period correct as they were made in 2002.

In the first pic you can notice how the drivers and passenger harnesses differ slightly.

In the second pic you can actually spot the original grey rear trim from the Vspec, It has since been replaced with black trim from the Nur

Why the Nismo harnesses? Because Racecar?:chuckle:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Love those harnesses, definitely on my wish list to go with the Nismo seat covers for the R33! :bowdown1:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Love those harnesses, definitely on my wish list to go with the Nismo seat covers for the R33! :bowdown1:
Thanks Red Duke! The harnesses really are awesome pieces. They've been a bad influence on my GTR mates here as everyone now wants some haha.

Nismo seat covers really transform the interior too. I've been considering some to protect the Nur seats, plus adding more Nismo items too the car is never a bad idea!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
Update on the LED lights at the rear of the car.

The Sunline LED's were replaced with genuine Nismo items. I noticed the Sunlines were a lot brighter and the LED's were sharper than the Nismo's. The Nismo tail lights also did not have LED indicators, whereas the Sunlines had the (optional extra) LED indicators

LED rear fog light and reverse light was also added.

A custom LED boot break light was the last touch for the rear end lighting

- Pic 1 and 2 have the Sunline's
- Pic 3 you can notice the LED boot brake light
- Pic 4 & 5 the Nismo's are fitted

A white plate (reversed Japanese style display plate) was placed behind the number plate to hide the bars seen in pic 1

Lastly I removed the Nissan badge from the rear to give the car a nice clean look:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
It's not everyday you get a pic with your hero:bowdown1:

My car with the LEGENDARY Mine's R34 GTR Vspec N1:smokin:

1 of only 3 ever made. This one belongs to Vspec Performance in Melbourne.
They also have 2 Mine's built Nur's, a 400R and a Z-Tune (To name a few) in their stable.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
It's not everyday you get a pic with your hero:bowdown1:

My car with the LEGENDARY Mine's R34 GTR Vspec N1:smokin:

1 of only 3 ever made. This one belongs to Vspec Performance in Melbourne.
They also have 2 Mine's built Nur's, a 400R and a Z-Tune (To name a few) in their stable.
There´s an article about it on Banzai.
Just fantastic

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Wasn't there a video feature on this shop recently? Possibly by Motive Video? I'm sure I've seen that shop somewhere, the Z-Tune was in a carcoon style bubble too. I can't see places with a Z-Tune, 400R and several Mines GTR's being too common... Lol

81 - 100 of 108 Posts