GTR Forum banner

121 - 140 of 169 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
I've just removed my old brake line clips, they were a yellow-brown colour and were so brittle they broke in two! Hardly anyone seems to change them, glad to see someone else doing it! Loving the carbon fibre driveshaft and other bits too! 😁

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I've just removed my old brake line clips, they were a yellow-brown colour and were so brittle they broke in two! Hardly anyone seems to change them, glad to see someone else doing it! Loving the carbon fibre driveshaft and other bits too! 😁
Thanx man! Yeah everything was yellow and brittle and just didn't look good at all. My OCD kicked in and had to replace it all lol. I've been following your build and I know you have the same problem lol. Your car is looking awesome now man. Those Nismo seat covers look great!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
We have finally finished shooting the video with Hartnett Media. My friend ended up selling his 2.8L R34 GTR Vspec with the HKS Livery on it, so this should be a great tribute video.

Ben (Hartnett) did send me this screen grab of the video. Always wanted a pic of my GTR shooting flames:cool: Keen to see the finished product

We did have a Karen phone the manager (Police) on us while we were filming. Got away with a warning lucky

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Can't wait for the video! I have a low res photo of my R33 spitting flames at the Nurburgring, I'll have to see if I can find it. 😊

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Can't wait for the video! I have a low res photo of my R33 spitting flames at the Nurburgring, I'll have to see if I can find it. 😊
That is goals! A flame pic around the ring🔥

Looking good! (I've got new brake clips to go on 😂) mine are yellow n brittle too.
Even though everything else was in good shape, my eyes were always drawn to the yellow clips. GTR OCD? Very satisfying to do though isn't it? lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
It seems like things just keep getting added to the list while my car is in the shop. An intercooler refresh was desperately needed as my poor old Nismo cooler was looking a bit tired after years of hard driving. Seeing some of my friends buying brand new Nismo coolers got me to pull my finger out, as their coolers looked so shiny and the Nismo logo stood out nicely.

I've also decided to paint my engine covers again, same colour (crinkle black) but I'll be changing the 'RB26' on the timing cover to a 'RB28'

I've attached some images of the items before they get refreshed.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
I got a sneak peak at the car with the new goodies fitted. Excuse the pics as they are screenshots from Instagram lol

-New OEM Nissan Radiator Brackets
-New OEM Nissan Brake Line Clips
-New OEM Nissan Fan Shroud
-New Carbon Fibre Garage Defend Cooling Panel
-Freshly Painted Engine Covers
-Freshly Painted Catch Can
-RB28 Timing Cover

I'm really happy with the engine bay at the moment. The RB28 timing cover really is a nice touch and will only be noticed by the trained eye. I'll post up some proper engine bay pics once I get the car back from the workshop in the next week or two. I'll then go back to RacePace for a service and a new RacePace 4' exhaust system.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Finally got the car back. The engine bay is looking really good!

A nice OEM+ theme carried out with some subtle upgrades to refresh the car.

At the back, the Fujimara wing stands actually let me see out the rear window. While the rear wiper delete just gives a clean look. I think i'm done with carbon parts now as the outside now has Carbon wing stands, wing blade, rear diffuser and mirrors. While the inside is littered with just enough carbon parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Some interior bits have been added.

A Nismo Carbon rear view mirror cover was always on my list, these look great from outside the car too.
A Mines Titanium fire extinguisher bracket and fire extinguisher were fitted below the drivers seat for track days at Phillip Island. I definitely could have bought a cheaper bracket but this one fits well with the cars theme.
Lastly some Polk rear speakers were installed, The stock paper Nissan speakers just had to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I finally fitted Aluminium VspecII Nur peddles to complete the Nur interior. The definitely stand out amongst all the Carbon. Original flare came with the car so was really happy about that. Theres really not too much else i'd like to do in the interior. Possibly some Nismo Floor Mats and Alcantara Roof lining?

Current setup as follows:
-Jastec Design Carbon & Nappa Leather Custom Steering Wheel
-Nismo Urethane Gearknob
-Nismo Carbon Rear View Mirror Cover
-Nismo MFD II
-Nismo GT500 Racing Harnesses made by Willans
-VspecII Nur Front & Rear Seats
-VspecII Nur Door Trims
-VspecII Nur Aluminium Peddle Set
-VspecII Nur 300kph Instrument Cluster
-Custom Carbon Instrument Cluster Overlay
-Custom Carbon Look Dash Matt
-Robson Design Carbon Gear & Audio Panel
-Robson Leather Gear Boot & Arm Rest
-Mines Titanium Fire Extinguisher Bracket + Extinguisher
-Pioneer Double Din
-Polk and Clarion Speakers
-LED Interior Lights

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
One of the final performance mods (Only a full E85/98Ron flex Fuel System Left) was a RacePace 4' Exhaust. RacePace made the equal length 3' front pipes which flow and sound amazing. Their 4' exhausts flow over 500wkw without the drone of systems like Kakimoto or Tomei. Its basically a HKS Super Turbo on steroids. Sounds great when you want it to, but cant cruise in a civilised manor too. Best of both worlds!

After we add this we will be able to wind up the boost from 18psi, we should see way more than the current 500whp the car is currently making. I will post up dyno graphs before and after. Keeping in mind im still going for a safe tune so it wont be over 25psi and 2 degrees of timing will also be pulled for safety.

Herewith some pics. The exhaust will be painted black for a stealth look.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
I got some pics back from Ben at Harnett Media. Our video is still in the works but these photos look amazing!

The only thing better than 1 HKS RB28 is 2 of them! My best mates car is sporting the HKS Step Zero kit with 2530's on E85. This car made 490kw at the wheels with this setup!

Is there anything better than rolling shots?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i have been on and off on the forum for a while now and so have not seen this thread but just read it from 1st to the last post. Excellent thread and build taking place, love the car buddy and all the best!! subscribed!:)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
i have been on and off on the forum for a while now and so have not seen this thread but just read it from 1st to the last post. Excellent thread and build taking place, love the car buddy and all the best!! subscribed!:)
Thanx mate! appreciate the kind words. Have plenty more updates to come in the coming weeks. I'm just keen to drive it once we come out this stage 4 lockdown. Need to test the carbon driveshaft and the new exhaust properly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The rolling shots look incredible. Looking forward to the video!

Couple of questions on the mines fire extinguisher bit:
What other/cheaper choices are there?
Could you have mounted it on the passenger side (worried about leg room)?
What size(s) extinguisher can it hold?

Thanks mate!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
The rolling shots look incredible. Looking forward to the video!

Couple of questions on the mines fire extinguisher bit:
What other/cheaper choices are there?
Could you have mounted it on the passenger side (worried about leg room)?
What size(s) extinguisher can it hold?

Thanks mate!
Thanx man! A cheaper alternative here in Aus is the Kudos Motorsports bracket, These can be mounted to either front seat, back or front. Just check the regulations at your local track because they might have a preference. Leg room isnt an issue as the extinguisher actually almost sits under the seat. I've gone 2.5kg and you can definitely go bigger.

Really nice spec 34! Could I ask the custom dash mat, did you make that or is available and you trimmed to fit?
It's a Superior Auto Creative one. They are made to fit but I just used a bit of double sided tape to fix it to the dash.

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )...
127 Posts
Thanx man! A cheaper alternative here in Aus is the Kudos Motorsports bracket, These can be mounted to either front seat, back or front. Just check the regulations at your local track because they might have a preference. Leg room isnt an issue as the extinguisher actually almost sits under the seat. I've gone 2.5kg and you can definitely go bigger.

It's a Superior Auto Creative one. They are made to fit but I just used a bit of double sided tape to fix it to the dash.
Your post from start to finish is amazing 👍! It was a honour to read it from its conception. It now makes me wish I would have built my R33 GTR V-spec instead of buying it completely built from front to back and all in between. I've built other cars from ground up and it was a complete joy. For me it was cheaper to buy a Tomei built R33 GTR V-spec than build it the way her did on this Skyline! Well done Sir!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks mate!
I'm from Germany, but so will have to buy overseas anyway.
Also the tracks here don't even enfore a fire extinguisher, so will be good either way. :)

121 - 140 of 169 Posts