GTR Forum banner

141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Your post from start to finish is amazing 👍! It was a honour to read it from its conception. It now makes me wish I would have built my R33 GTR V-spec instead of buying it completely built from front to back and all in between. I've built other cars from ground up and it was a complete joy. For me it was cheaper to buy a Tomei built R33 GTR V-spec than build it the way her did on this Skyline! Well done Sir!
Thanx Johnny! I bought my R32 GTR already built and a lot of this car was already in the VspecII Nur. I've just tried to improve a few things here and there. More work and money than my R32 GTR but also way more rewarding. There is a Tomei built R33 GTR LM here in Melbourne that makes 500wkw with the same exhaust my car is getting. Absolute beast of a car!

Thanks mate!
I'm from Germany, but so will have to buy overseas anyway.
Also the tracks here don't even enfore a fire extinguisher, so will be good either way. :)
No worries! Can definitely tuck it out of sight then! Can't go wrong with the Kudos Motorsport bracket and if you get stuck with parts just PM me and I'll be happy to help.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Carbon Driveshaft, 2 new CV Boots, Bosch 1000cc injectors and a RacePace 4' exhaust has been fitted to the car.

I haven't driven the car properly in about 6 months due to lockdown. So I'm really hanging out for a proper drive. The injectors were upgraded from SARD 720cc to Bosch 1000cc as I plan on doing a flex tune with E85 down the track. I don't need more than 1000cc injectors for my power goals (I'm not wanting more than 450wkw) and turbo size. A friend of mine is running the same injectors on a RacePace 2.8, Vcam Step1 with GTX2860-5's on E85, his car make over 430wkw on 20psi which is a great result.

I opted for 2 mufflers in the 4' exhaust so it doesn't drone, also painted the exhaust black for a stealth look. I've gone from the HKS Super Turbo's 85mm, which is 80mm in some places, to a full 100mm system all the way through. It's a pity the Mines, Ganador and HKS exhaust systems aren't true 100mm systems as they look amazing. I decided to sacrifice a bit of from for function.

I also needed 2 new CV boots from a few hard launches.

Herewith some pics. I thought I'd add some pics of their Muffler and Mid-Pipes they had in the office.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #143 (Edited)
The car also got tuned with the new exhaust and injectors. We raised boost a bit and saw a decent power gain through the rev range. I'm still using 98Ron and not E85. We also pulled 2 degrees of timing for safety.

Power went from 378.7kw at 18psi to 414.8kw at 22psi (tapering off to 20psi) Power is at the wheels not flywheel. So I went from 500whp to 560whp, which would be about 745hp at the flywheel if calculated at 25% power loss to the wheels. Note the Torque curve is accurate but the figures aren't as my tuner didn't set it up for an accurate torque reading.

We also did a 'Hero Run' at 26psi tapering off to 22psi. Not much more peak power as the turbos are at their limit on 98RON, the car made 419.7kw but made huge mid rage gains.

Herewith some Dyno Graphs. These are 5th gear pulls so ratio is 1:1
Graph 1 is 378kw with Boost Curve
Graph 2 is 375kw with Torque Curve after timing pulled for safety
Graph 3 is 414kw with Boost Curve
Graph 4 is 414kw with Torque Curve
Graph 5 is 419kw with Boost Curve compared to Graph 3

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Looking very good!
Any pics with the exhaust on the car?
Herewith some pics. Unfortunately only took some quick iphone pics

I wanted a nice stealth look & I think we achieved that.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )...
127 Posts
Nice look son!!!!!! So tell me what do you think of having the carbon fiber Driveshaft inplace instead of the OEM 2-piece? Compare the differences from stock to carbon fiber?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Nice look son!!!!!! So tell me what do you think of having the carbon fibre Driveshaft inplace instead of the OEM 2-piece? Compare the differences from stock to carbon fibre?
Can definitely feel a noticeable difference low to mid range. The shaft is also perfectly balanced so there is no knocking and clunking. It's a great piece of kit and very well made. If I'm dead honest, it is a very expensive mod and the money could certainly be spent better elsewhere. However, my GTR is highly modified and there really isn't much more I plan on doing, performance wise. As I've always been after a 400kw responsive street car. Not a 2000hp monster with a sequential.

·
Registered
1995 Skyline R33 GTR Nismo V-Spec ( R28 )...
127 Posts
Lol, I have a sequential 6spd in my R33, though it's not 2000hp, closer to 900. I find with the driveshaft I feel the quicker response off the throttle.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Lol, I have a sequential 6spd in my R33, though it's not 2000hp, closer to 900. I find with the driveshaft I feel the quicker response off the throttle.
Yeah I wanted a responsive 500-600whp car and not a street weapon like you have haha. Want to keep the stock box and the OEM+ theme. Going for a hybrid between the Z-Tune and Mines cars. Both of which have carbon shafts btw lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
I've noticed that I've been changing bits and pieces and have put up a lot of pictures of car parts but no full pictures.

I have since changed the exhaust and wing stands, although I'll be going back to stock wing stands as I wasn't 100% sold on the white/carbon. Almost all the white GTR's in Aus have the carbon stands too.

Also thinking of changing to the Z-Tune front bumper, from S-Tune, to complete the Z-Tune look like ZELE/GTRRKT, the VspecII Nur had.
Herewith some pics from a wedding I did with a mate a few months ago and some pics of 'ZELE' which is the crashed VspecII Nur I purchased and resurrected into my Vspec Shell.

In these pics, ZELE has the Z-Tune front bumper and has the same RacePace exhaust I have just fitted. It is still my all time favourite street GTR, being a HKS 2.8 VspecII Nur.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've noticed that I've been changing bits and pieces and have put up a lot of pictures of car parts but no full pictures.

I have since changed the exhaust and wing stands, although I'll be going back to stock wing stands as I wasn't 100% sold on the white/carbon. Almost all the white GTR's in Aus have the carbon stands too.

Also thinking of changing to the Z-Tune front bumper, from S-Tune, to complete the Z-Tune look like ZELE/GTRRKT, the VspecII Nur had.
Herewith some pics from a wedding I did with a mate a few months ago and some pics of 'ZELE' which is the crashed VspecII Nur I purchased and resurrected into my Vspec Shell.

In these pics, ZELE has the Z-Tune front bumper and has the same RacePace exhaust I have just fitted. It is still my all time favourite street GTR, being a HKS 2.8 VspecII Nur.
The carbon contrasting against the white looks so good though which is why most do it myself included. Oh and being able to see out the rear window is always helpful.

I have always preferred the s-tune bar myself as you see the z-tune bar on almost every 34.

S-tune is the bar id have if I didn't have a top secret bar ;)

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Love the Hartnett video. The car is looking great as ever. And yes, as nice as the R Tune bumper is, the Z Tune bumper is IMO that bit nicer!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Ummmmmm WOW! Nicely done 👍. Love the work of this video. Thanks for sharing!
Thanx mate! Pretty happy with the way Ben structured the video.

The carbon contrasting against the white looks so good though which is why most do it myself included. Oh and being able to see out the rear window is always helpful.

I have always preferred the s-tune bar myself as you see the z-tune bar on almost every 34.

S-tune is the bar id have if I didn't have a top secret bar ;)
I was just worried I've over done the carbon, with the Nismo blade, Wing stands and Mines mirrors. Plus a lot of carbon inside! I love the S-Tune bar, I just think it looks a bit weird with the Z-Tune fenders. When I just had the bar and bonnet it looked awesome!

I was also rocking the white TE37's for a while like you haha. Put up a thread man, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one keen to follow.

Love the Hartnett video. The car is looking great as ever. And yes, as nice as the R Tune bumper is, the Z Tune bumper is IMO that bit nicer!
Thanx Abdul! Trying to bring her back to her best and improve on the small things.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was just worried I've over done the carbon, with the Nismo blade, Wing stands and Mines mirrors. Plus a lot of carbon inside! I love the S-Tune bar, I just think it looks a bit weird with the Z-Tune fenders. When I just had the bar and bonnet it looked awesome!

I was also rocking the white TE37's for a while like you haha. Put up a thread man, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one keen to follow.
Yeah I know what you mean. Biggest thing for me is where it meets the fender tbh im not a fan of any of the nismo offerings in that regard.

White te's are best but such a mission to keep clean.

I toyed with making a thread for a while but I always forget to take photo's so it'd make for some boring reading

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Yeah I know what you mean. Biggest thing for me is where it meets the fender tbh im not a fan of any of the nismo offerings in that regard.

White te's are best but such a mission to keep clean.

I toyed with making a thread for a while but I always forget to take photo's so it'd make for some boring reading
Yeah I think the R-Tune/VspecII bonnet and S-Tune bar work well together. As soon as the guards enter the picture a Z-Tune bar is needed.

I hear you about the TE's. That's why I went to Satin Black. A bonus is the brake dust blends in well lol

I'm sure Anthony has a few stored away. Or on the Dahtone FB pages.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Finally got around to taking pics of the Nismo LED's, LED brake light and Fog/Reverse lights. The rear fog light has every second row illuminating in red when I want to use the fog light function. You can also see the Fujimara Carbon Wing stands and Nismo carbon wing blade here.

I took the bottom pic after picking the car up from RacePace. A new exhaust and fresh wash definitely made me happy to have her back in my garage, after bouncing around the workshops for a few months. Now I just need to be allowed more than 5km from home, so I can drive it.

On the left is a bent TE37 from the Nur's accident. I'll be mounting this on the wall at some stage.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #160 (Edited)
Finally got to take the car out this weekend. It is a whole new beast! More response and more boost have really stepped things up a gear! No vibrations in the driveline from the Driveshaft Shop Carbon Shaft. The RacePace exhaust definitely has a different note to the HKS Super Turbo, a deeper note down low but screams like a Mines R34 GTR up top.

I think 415wkw is great power for the hills, I wouldn't want more power unless I was drag racing. I'll be doing Flex Tune with E85 and see how much power it makes but I'll probably end up running it on about 20psi to achieve the same power as I have now, just a safer tune and cooler running temps.

I finally got round to putting the stock driveshaft on the scales. The carbon one came in at 7.5kg and the stock one was 13.0kg.

I've attached some pics of the driveshafts and my GTR with 2 AE86's I chased up the mountain. These things were awesome, caged, bucket seats, built motors and slicks on the mountain pass. Needles to say there were some great noises on the mountain that day. I also picked up a fair few stone chips from their slicks but it was definitely worth it.

Attachments

141 - 160 of 169 Posts