GTR Forum banner
161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Finally got some pics taken with the extra goodies on the car. I think that's a wrap for 2020.

The 2021 list is as follows
  • New ECU with Flex Tune capabilities
  • Fuel System for E85
  • RacePace Oil Cooler with ducting
  • Alcantara Roof Lining with Sun Visors
  • New OEM Front Lip
  • Nismo Cooler Piping

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
New year and these cars are still appreciating at a silly rate. A lot of them are being put into storage and hardly driven.

Mine, however, is being prepped for some night drags at Heathcote Dragway. I always had a few things I wanted to achieve with the car, one of them being a 10sec pass and then driving the car home.

I've ticked the 400wkw box, next up is the 10sec pass. Other plans include a trip to Bathurst with the GTR guys from Sydney, then a trip to Phillip Island Moto GP Circuit and Sandown Raceway. I also still want to crack 300kph and will need to look for a runway long enough to do this.

I also did a shoot with Kurtis from KFC Photography and got some really nice pics of the car. I don't have many shot directly from the front and it's probably my favourite angle

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
The bathurst cruises are always good fun. If the borders stay open maybe ill see you there this year ;)
I really hope travel will be allowed. I haven't seen your car since the day I bought mine actually, GTR Festival 2018. I'll try bring some Vic guys up with me, as not many of us have been to Bathurst.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've ticked the 400wkw box, next up is the 10sec pass. Other plans include a trip to Bathurst with the GTR guys from Sydney, then a trip to Phillip Island Moto GP Circuit and Sandown Raceway. I also still want to crack 300kph and will need to look for a runway long enough to do this.
I really like the approach of ticking boxes with these cars.
Hint - if you have more power, the runway for 300 kph can be shorter :ROFLMAO:

For my own car the 300 kph is on the list as well.
Somewhat easier because if you have a nice stretch of autobahn, you can do it legally on the road, if traffic allows it.
Harder because I own a GTT, which needs some transmission/differential work to even get to those speeds.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
I really like the approach of ticking boxes with these cars.
Hint - if you have more power, the runway for 300 kph can be shorter :ROFLMAO:

For my own car the 300 kph is on the list as well.
Somewhat easier because if you have a nice stretch of autobahn, you can do it legally on the road, if traffic allows it.
Harder because I own a GTT, which needs some transmission/differential work to even get to those speeds.
Hahaha I know, I know. Only thing is once you go over about 450kw things start to brake or everything needs to be replaced. I'm pretty happy with the power and response now as it suits the type of driving I do.

I would love to take mine to Germany to stretch it's legs on the Autobahn and the Nürburgring. A 5spd box and diffs from a R32/R33 GTR should see you over 300kph

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
I finally got around to Vspec Performance to buy a new OEM Nissan front lip for the car.

Always a pleasure seeing the Z-Tune and Mines cars. There is a new addition in the form of a Matt Black Nismo Clubman Race Spec. It's a M-Spec Nur with a F-Sport R engine. I'm told only 6 F-Sport R's were made so this car is super special. A NSX-R was in the shop and it was absolutely amazing.

Herewith some pics of the lip and cars

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
One of the best GT-R shops in the world, hands down. Just stunning. Grats on the front lip, glad I could get one too right as they went to Heritage!
Yeah I'm glad I got one just in time. Always a pleasure to pop into a shop and see multiple Nismo, Mines and HKS Factory cars

·
Registered
1999 BNR34
46 Posts
Stunning thread! I fell its hard to see white R34 builds as most are BSB. I fell the same with what you have said in an earlier post about white hiding a lot of the R34s features.

Question - How has the Mine's Mirrors held up since having them onto the car? Mine's Black versions may be on my list here soon since i only see them on Rhdjapan and no where else (others like Nengun has them listed as Discontinued). Also thinking of adding the Mine's Carbon MFD cover and Rear view mirror to complement each other since they start carbon and seem to fade to solid black color.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Question - How has the Mine's Mirrors held up since having them onto the car? Mine's Black versions may be on my list here soon since i only see them on Rhdjapan and no where else (others like Nengun has them listed as Discontinued). Also thinking of adding the Mine's Carbon MFD cover and Rear view mirror to complement each other since they start carbon and seem to fade to solid black color.
Just RE RHDJapan they often list things they don't have in stock - their site hasn't been updated, I have ordered things only to find (& presumably RHD find out too) that items are discontinued, out of stock, etc. They do have a parts checking function which might assist? Hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
1999 BNR34
46 Posts
Just RE RHDJapan they often list things they don't have in stock - their site hasn't been updated, I have ordered things only to find (& presumably RHD find out too) that items are discontinued, out of stock, etc. They do have a parts checking function which might assist? Hopefully that helps.
Thanks, i will defiantly double check with them before anything. Still interested to hear how the side mirrors have held up since applying them to the car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
glad to see you're using the car as intended, and not just putting it up in the shed to accumulate value (y)
Thanx OXzilla, same with your car. Always good to see a restoration with the intention of using the car. Glad some of us still bought these cars for the right reasons!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Stunning thread! I fell its hard to see white R34 builds as most are BSB. I fell the same with what you have said in an earlier post about white hiding a lot of the R34s features.

Thanx for the kind words! My Mines mirrors are the original green carbon ones from way back and are still great. I've had no issues. Visibility is a lot better than my old Ganadors (The Ganadors also weren't real carbon, rather hydro dipped) and they're fully electric unlike the craft squares. I love them and got them because I love Mines and they were rare and unique, before the rerelease.

If you're struggling to find some you can contact Mines directly and I also know Vspec Performance in Melbourne have stock of all the above mentioned items. If you're willing to pay postage.

·
Registered
1999 BNR34
46 Posts
I actually have few carbon Mine's items on order currently on backorder with a date expected to be delivered to my door (Im assuming RHD may have a special connection with them or something of some sort) but instead of the special Green hue that they made they are more of a carbon fading into black color(probably a bad description) and not sure if it changes depending on the angle or not. They may not be as unique as their prior versions(Ones on your car) but im a Mine's fan as well. Since i have the items order i was curious on how they have held up since you seem to enjoy your R34 rather than a garage queen haha.

Reactions: RB28 and Johnny R33
161 - 180 of 185 Posts