GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

so buying qll bits i need for my upgrade and what is left is a tubonand injectors.

turbo will be a hybrid bolt on build by uk company.

re injector, they cost around £600. Alternative is r35 gtr injectors and reading numerous posts it seems they are a straight fit but some say you need to change an o ring. Can anyone share their experience on this?

is it a straight fit?

i see lots of sets going for £200 sexond hand and also few set of either bosch or denso at £160 for 6 injectors brand new. Is it too cheap to be true / good quality?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-SKYLINE-GTR-R35-INJECTORS-STANDARD-X-6-R34-R32-R33-GTT/153354371979?hash=item23b4a2038b:g:grsAAOSwrfRcTZjQ

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Genuine-750cc-Turbo-Fuel-Injector-71lb-Direct-Fit-Nissan-GTR-R35-350Z-G35-M35/183394861581?fits=Model%3AGT-R|Plat_Gen%3AR35&hash=item2ab32f820d:g:67QAAOSwvu5bfBkX

if i fit them in, considering my original ones are 370 cc, would the car run at all for me to drive to dynonplace?

I think answer is no as it will flood the engine with fuel.

So my second question is if i fit it after installing my link ecu with base image, could i just go there an change the injector size so it will let me drivr it to the garage?

·
Registered
28 Posts
injectors is something i have just gone through and have looked at pretty much all options around ebay and other places that seem a good price to be true, even looked at getting the oem ones reflowed but no go.

So either buy r35gtr injectors, which are not the best option but a good one, OR if you plan on upgrading further later on bite the bullet and just buy some id1050x's (r35 gtr ones are the same size as 34 gtt ones) just hvae to be careful when mounting as the connector plug is further down the injector.

I know id's cost a fortune, but they supply you with the dead times and enough information so that if ever one dies you dont have to worry about buying a new set, just replace the one from ID and they will ensure it is a perfect match for your set.

Your also right in saying dont fit them then drive without them mapped, 100% leave your oem ones in unless you are happy to adjust all the fuelling yourself before you disappear down the road.

Whatever option you go down though, by all means cheap out on your gearknob or car mats, but don't cheap out on this :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would go with R35 injectors if you not looking for some major rebuild to fit other aftermarket. OEM parts are safe and will work fine.

As for reflowed injectors I am a bit sceptic, there seems to be a lot of risk involved...

·
Registered
28 Posts
In the end i fitted R35 GTR ID1050x's to the car got them new and at a good price, so i cant complain and they only reach 64% duty cycle at the moment, but now its stripped out again anyway as im going to forge the block

1 - 4 of 4 Posts