GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have looked all around for a few hours to see what there is around for tuning these cars, and as of yet there seems not to be much on the web.

Can anyone assist .... * shin * ?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I did the following mods on my old car, the R34 GT-T (they _transformed_ the car) before I upgraded to the R34 GT-R. (I've now given the GT-T to my dad).

At the moment my R34 GT-R is completely standard but it is well worth noting that with the below GT-T mods I am sure it feels like it could out accelerate my GT-R! Its amazing how much more umph is available once the turbo gets fully spooled up! When I first drove the GT-T i felt so dissapointed, do the these mods and boy does the car drive differently.. i was able to induce wheelspin (traction control light kicked in) with foot to the floor antics in 3rd gear... HUGE FUN!

I am looking forward to modding my R34 GT-R in 2003 ! First on the shopping list is another excellent Ascari Exhaust system!!

1. Full custom made replacement stainless steel exhaust system with anti-cat piping (by Ascari from www.exhaustsuk.co.uk) - the best! (cost approx £400 fitted). This made a huge difference to the drivability of the car with very noticable extra top end grunt. (gave at least 25 bhp)

2. HKS Super Power Flow Foam Filter (cost approx £200, fitted self). This allowed the turbo whistle to be heard and gave a nice raspy sound under accceleration. (approx 7 bhp)

3. HKS Iridium Plugs (£100, got Middlehurst to fit...). The plugs gave a smoother idle and the engine seemed to behave more lively. (said to give 10 bhp but I'm sceptical...perhaps 5 bhp)

4. Timing Adjustments & Air/Fuel Ratio checks (by Middlehurst Motorsport, also fitted the hks plugs - be warned, fitting plugs is a time consuming job on the GT-T!!!) (£150). Getting the timing reset really is a must and adjust the boost with an accurate boost guage with a fuel/air ratio meter fitted.

5. Adjustible Bleed Valve (Le Mans one from Halfords for £25, fitted myself) raising boost to 1 bar. This gave the most pronounced effect on power. Raising boost from 0.7 bar to 1.0 bar gave at least 40 bhp

6. ECU reset - removed fuses - reset so that the maps could be re-learned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts