GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To spark up a thread from the old BBS... where it was said that the R34's MFD may be inaccurate...

When at Tuning Japanese their printout shows my R34 at a pretty aveage 1.15bar from 2,800 to 8,200 rpm. There were a lot of fluctuations +/- 0.1 bar from visual inspection.

The MFD pretty much agrees with this; though T6yko, oddly, got an under-reading judging from his post. My MFD's readings at the dyno day were very close to what the dyno readings gave ... I ven downloaded the session to a PC and corrolated the dyno's boost trace with the MFD's readings.

I got an average of 1.16 over the "peak boost bit" from 3,030 to 7,860 rpm. Peak was 1.25, min was 1.07 and it fluctuated quite a bit as both readings showed.

So maybe mine's better calibrated, or maybe my replacement Nismo MFD II's turbo boost probe is more accurate?

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Boost

Joss,

When I fitted my MFD2 upgrade I noticed the new boost sensor was a little different. This is probably because it reads to 2.0 x100kPa...but there might be a more accurate probe.
To tell you the truth I never heard of the MFD giving dodgy readings....that post must have been started by someone trying to sell everybody some boost gauges or something:smokin:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be fair

I think he was picking up on the peak boost that the mFD records and infering that this reading represented some sort of average..

When in fact the peaks are there for 0.05 to 0.10 of a second and the average boost is a lot lower ... when you visual inspect the readouts, your brain does a sort of averaging

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Fair enough!

Fair enough.....

By the way Joss....how is that prog coming??? I still haven't tried downloading data from my car yet...as I haven't got a windows laptop yet:(
...only Apple stuff I'm afraid

What's the highest lateral m/s2 you've pulled then???

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lateral G

About 0.9 ms^-2

I tend to not have it up, as there's a tendancy to look at it when driving hard ... not a good idea:eek:

I've done the progs :)

Let me know when you get Windows

1 - 6 of 6 Posts