GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am just getting serious about purchasing a GTR and I am trying to work out the models. Unfortunately I have been unable to find a web site that lays out the differences. I would like to know if the M-spec is based on the v-spec 2 or the base model. What er the current models? and what are the differences between them? will there be any different models before the R35? Is there a good place to go for this information?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
The only thing I can add to this personally is that the R34 is now officially discontinued, with the M.Spec Nur being the last R34 deritive that Nissan have themselves produced (there are rumours of a R34 based Nismo 500R tho (yum)). I believe all of the M.Specs have already been sold.

The M.Spec is to the best of my knowledge based on the V-Spec II.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The M-spec is for old man, leather interior + heated seat + softer shocks .............yuck :rolleyes:

If one wants comfort, buy a Toyota Soarer.

Making a GTR comfortable is like making a Rolls Royce into a race car, doesn't make sense :confused:

Sorry, I have wanted to get that out for a while now.

Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Comfortable GTR

Thanks for the posts, re comfortable GTR - from what I read it does hand considerably better and it allows the car to keep traction at higher speeds on not so great roads. Getting a seat warmer is a bonus!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
M-spec

Hi,

M-spec's target is such a customer who'd compare GTR with P, F or M3.
The reason is that usually european sport cars have leather interior and confortable suspensions.

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Having owned one I wouldn't say that they were that comfortable! The only difference is you don't get that teeth chattering harsh ride... The ride is still stiff, the car still handles like the V-Spec...

Also Geoff I sent you a mail describing exactly the differences or similarities but your mail address wouldn't accept it??

SO here goes again:-

MFD same as VS2 9 functions
Atessa same as VS2
Bonnet same as GTR (Aluminium not carbon)

M-Spec Only
Anti-ripple suspension
Leather Seats, all leather has gold stiching
Seats have GTR Emblem on them
Heated front seats / door mirrors
Winter Package as standard (VS2, GTR Option) Larger Ah Battery/heated w-screen jets/heated locks...
Silica-Brass metallic paint.

Mine had the Nissan optional MD/CD/DVD/TV/Navi system from the showroom.

Prices in Japan Currently not incl. all the export costs:-
M-Spec 5,250,000(Auction from last weeks Auction listing) - 5,900,000 Dealer new price 5,990,000plus taxes/options currently in Goo there is one selling for 5,390,000 Yen incl. NISMO kit and Optional front fogs, TV/Navi/DVD etc...in Pearl white.
VS2 4,500,000(Auction from last weeks Auction listing) - 5,800,000 Dealer currently in Goo there are 5 cars for sale between 4,680,000-5,580,000 varying specs.
2001 GTR 3,550,000 (Auction from last weeks Auction listing) - 4,600,000 Dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks SW2373

What is Goo?

So is the only thing the Vspec 2 has that the M does not the bonnet?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Um the suspension is the sports suspension, the NACA duct on the carbon bonnet VS2, and thats about it...

Comparing the GTR to the VS2 is a better idea. They are totally different.

Basically the GTR is the base model, the VS2 is the racier model, the VS2 N1 is spartan and racier with metal-ball bearing turbos and the M-Spec is the top of the range car...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Geoff,

Goo is the Japanese equivalent of Autotrader, gives a rough idea of Prices throughout Japan (However in Japan most secondhand car deals are done through dealers, since they can do the paperwork more easily, therefore private sales like in the UK don't really exist....as such).

Goo homepage is at www.goo-net.com it's all in Japanese so unless you cheat by looking at the status bar to try and navigate through it, it is difficult. Here is a bit of a help for you..

On the homepage at the top there is a list of items, go to
’†ŒÃŽÔ�@- this means used cars...
on the next page is a diagramtic map of Japan and a list box.
Choose Nissan - “úŽY and then click the red hiclighted box which chooses all areas... then click GOO!...
Next you will see a list with 180SX in it. Look for Skyline (ƒXƒJƒCƒ‰ƒCƒ“) then in the next few boxes, there is the price range, choose 300-600 (3,000,000 - 6,000,000), then the year H11 (1999) to 14(2002).
Now if you click in the bottom box you can choose the grade of car. ƒOƒŒ�[ƒh‚ðŽw’è‚·‚é�ANow click GOO again. and on the next page a whole list of choice boxes of all Skylines will come up, the one at the top is for unclassified cars. The top four or five are for VS2, VS, N1, NISMO, GT-R, then as you look down the page click on any with GT-R next to them, there is LM-Limited, M-Spec, VS2 NUR etc.. if you get a warning which says '200' and lots of Japanese it means there are too many cars... Narrow down your choice..

Hope this helps.... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sw2373 - thanks mate, your a legend.

Thanks everyone for the info. Hopefully the dream will become a reality. :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sorry guys, I must be over reacted. I don't know why somehow I don't like the M-spec very much. It must be the leather interior.........I don't know........

I want to apologize to anyone that like the M-spec.

Jeff

·
Registered
156 Posts
two cents worth

I have been pondering upgrades to my VS2 NUR to be delivered in August. I want a fast reliable road and track car but also comfortable for general use, so I have ordered........
1. upgrade to "M Spec" leather interior done at factory
2. Nismo "S Tune" suspension versus "M Spec" because the car sits 3cm lower (great looks)and there are 5 adjustment modes which I hear can make it more comfortable than "M Spec" suspension depending how you set it up.
3. "Mines" tuned engine. The NUR models already have a great engine that can easily be tuned to 450-500 ps while staying very reliable.
4. Wheel and tyres. Not sure what yet.
5. Brakes, oil cooler and clutch.
6. I think I want to keep the body factory right now.

I have to thank Shin for making my decisions easy and I'm glad he's involved.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Glen,

I just don't want anyone to dislike me, I am lonely enough here in the U.S, there are a total of 7 R34 GTR here including mine :(

I am in the wrong country for being a GTR nut :(

I wish I live in U.K or Japan where I get to hang out with fellow GTR owners...........sigh...........maybe I should just buy a Supra or a NSX.........:rolleyes:

Jeff

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
sw2373...quick question...does the M-spec MFD intro screen display the Nissan logo?

Amerikiwi...sounds like a hell of a car!!! What color?

·
Registered
156 Posts
DCD. It will be Pearl Black with Dark Grey leather and factory tint.
Shin recommends the Nismo LM GT4 (silver) for as an option for wheels, but I'm not sure. I heard Nismo is coming out with 19" wheels this Summer. I only want to do this once and get it right - any ideas?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts