GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a lead on a fresh r34 motor with the 6 speed trany and was wondering if anybody has ever swapped one into an r32. I had my r32 upto 400hp at the wheels, but I blew the rings.:eek:

Thanks for any help or advice.

p.s. I live in the States, and even getting parts is a nightmare- not to mention way over priced!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
They even put RB26DETTs into old KPGC10s here in Japan.
Dont you know you can order crate RBs direct from Nissan? I think they come in at 700 000 yen without the transmission...they come in big white Nissan marked boxes

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Dino,

I am pretty sure we can buy RB26 engines from Nissan, but would it fit different chassis? Will R34 RB26DETT fit in my R34 GT-T chassis?

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Engine swap

Compare pics of R32 and R34 engine bays. The motor is the same but some of the bits have moved I think. The gearbox of course is completely different. go for it.
Dave

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Peter E... Totally agree!:)

Robb...that's a VeilSide body kit isn't it? Very clean example:)

Jimiroquai...Obviously some modifications have to be made but its very possible! To give you an example, a garage close to me called TexModify, has an R32 demo car which they use for drag racing. The base car is an R32 GTS, but in the engine bay you wil find an RB26DETT from an R33 GTR. I've seen it in action a few times and it is pretty dam fast off the line even though its only 2WD. They are running "over 700ps" on it!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Jimiroquai,

I agree with Dino, I toyed with the idea of buying an ER34 and dropping in the rb26 (esp. since the ER34 comes with traction control). The conversion has already been done by either Mori or Midori Seibi (I can't remember which) whereby they've got a 4 door r34 with a Trust T78 equipped rb26. From what I recall the rb26 will mate straight onto the rb25 gearbox.

Talat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the only issue I can see is that the clutch on the r32 is push and the r34 is pull or some thing like that a different setup .
sound good though.
cheers
meggala

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody for the advise and compliments.

I do have a VeilSide body kit including a VeilSide hood(bonnet):)

18inch Blitz rims, HKS coilover stuts,Blitz turbo timer and boost controler,Custco strut braces,stainless steel exhaust,ect,ect.

I'm glad to have found an English speeking webpage for Skyline info.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
That looks THE business - Bruce - we have a
problem (you need to read other posts)

Phil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts