GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posting on behalf of my firend, he has a Neo 2.5 non-turbo

Issue
on the way back from work something happened to my car...
do u know the small light on the dashboard ...its like an icon of engine...it went on and sound of the engine just crazy...
didnt break down on the scene..got home but there s seriously something wrong with it!and the smell after was like something
was burning...i opened the hood but couldnt see any damage or any leaking...i didnt sstarted up again cause the damage could b even worse.
all the belts u can visually see are ok...
dont know what it could b...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Im not a qualified mechainic but ive had a similar problem with my rb20de NEO and it sounds like one of your coilpacks has died, causing one less cyclinder to run, depend in on its firing order this can cause the engine to not run, misfire wierdly lile you described and bad smell ( because of excess fuel burning up in the CAT and playing on the lamba sensor) the engine can continue to run in most cases and will sometime fire on the chamber in question because of the compression applied alone. The check engine light is what you are refering to, it is Orange in colour and looks like a valve tap shape, you need to get it on a diagnostics machine/ error reader to comfirm the problem, it will tell you exactly the origin of the problem, thats my opinion, hopefully some GTR guys will comment so good luck :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not a qualified mechainic but ive had a similar problem with my rb20de NEO and it sounds like one of your coilpacks has died, causing one less cyclinder to run, depend in on its firing order this can cause the engine to not run, misfire wierdly lile you described and bad smell ( because of excess fuel burning up in the CAT and playing on the lamba sensor) the engine can continue to run in most cases and will sometime fire on the chamber in question because of the compression applied alone. The check engine light is what you are refering to, it is Orange in colour and looks like a valve tap shape, you need to get it on a diagnostics machine/ error reader to comfirm the problem, it will tell you exactly the origin of the problem, thats my opinion, hopefully some GTR guys will comment so good luck :)
Thanks thats what I was thinking

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have 5 working spare coilpacks left over from when i had what i believe to be the same problem, I replace all 6 with new uprated splitfires, I could splash you one if your having problems sourcing the single one, RB20/25 DE neo use the same coil pack, based on what i know and the splitfire DIS07 part which is listed for both 2.0 and 2.5 engines.

Its quiet tricky getting at the coilpacks and plugs on this engine you have to revome the upper intake manifold, throttle, vacum system etc but shouldnt be more than an hour of casual labour down a garage.

Heres a link for a service manual, pass the link on to your friend or save the pdf to your computer and email him its only 13mb;

http://www.skyline.se/dokument/R34_All_Workshop_Manual.pdf

message back if you need a coilpack regards George

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks agin for the help George, Mechanic is coming out to take a look so will see what they say

·
Registered
223 Posts
Correction SF-DIS-008 is the correct model of the upgrade part i used and below is a application list;

So i believe the stock coil packs will fit

I have a scaled diagram somewhere on a data disk i will post if i find it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts