GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that a dedicated thread should be started for the R-Tune cars.

If we can find a few, I will start a list of the known cars with colour, R1 engine number, spec etc.

Please fell free to add photographs, tech details, location etc.

I'll start it off with a photograph showing the R1 engine modifications.

:wavey:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Excellent thread JPS, i will chime in with whatever data i have, i will also load up some pics

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
As far as i am aware there are 5 official Omori Factory tuned R34 R-Tunes in the UK.

2 x White, 1 x Sparkling Silver, 1 x Millennium Jade and 1 x Black

This has not been confirmed but apparently there were around 75-80 that were created/Tuned by Omori in total and as of today the R1 package is no longer available to purchase. Customers were able to spec as much or less of the Nismo package as they wanted from engine, suspension, exhaust, brakes, wheels and body dressup components depending on how deep their pockets were.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
The R1 gang. LOL!!

So what exactly makes an R1? Is it just the engine package that a customer back in Japan might have opted for?

I saw 3 R1 R34 GTRs at an Ace Cafe meet not so long ago and they were all a bit different to one another. I noted only 2 similarities and they were..

- all 3 were BNR34s (with Nismo wheels)
- all 3 disappeared simultaneously for a mysterious photoshoot

Haha! :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Provenance of a R-Tune...

Once a base-model BNR34GTR had passed all the stringent inspections at Omori - appended below is the catalogue of R-Tune parts available to the deep-pocketed client.

Once fitted - the paper provenance of a R-Tune is carried forward in-perpetuity with the following :-

1. Nismo Certificates for all parts fitted
2. Summary Nismo card - detailing all the parts
3. Omori Specification Sheet for the vehicle - with Summary serial numbers of all parts fitted
4. Omori Invoice for the works conducted

Physical provenance is easy.

Hope this clarifies your points above Kadir.

Attachments below of the original (translated) Nismo R-Tune Options List :-

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi kadir, great to hear from you again - hope you and your lovely family are well.

Yes, there was a triple R Tune photoshoot a few weeks ago - I will try and dig out a few of the photographs for you.

best regards

jps

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Kadir i hope all is well? Sounds like your a bit upset bro? Call me if you want to chat. By the way heres one with your car in the background also. Not trying to leave anyone out or anything last car on the far left next to franks R1

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I can see why JPS has started this thread as there is not a great deal of information on the RTune package and starting a thread like this will allow us to all share any related info. Great thread JPS!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Hi kadir, great to hear from you again - hope you and your lovely family are well.

Yes, there was a triple R Tune photoshoot a few weeks ago - I will try and dig out a few of the photographs for you.

best regards

jps

Hi Paul! All well here thank you! I trust the same for you and family.. My little one will be 10 weeks old tomorrow!! Not sure where the time has gone but it is flying past and quick! Thanks for sharing the pictures! The 3 of you have different colour R1 decals on your respective bootlids!

Once a base-model BNR34GTR had passed all the stringent inspections at Omori - appended below is the catalogue of R-Tune parts available to the deep-pocketed client.

...Hope this clarifies your points above Kadir.

Hey Frank! Sadly those attachments are too small. I wonder if Nismo Omori kept records of any BNR34s that didn't pass their inspections and thus refused the customer an R1 upgrade package? Interesting stuff for sure..

Kadir i hope all is well? Sounds like your a bit upset bro? Call me if you want to chat. By the way heres one with your car in the background also.
Salaam Baisab. Alhamdullilah; all is well! Upset?! No no no..! I think the R1 gang is pretty awesome. Sadly I can't call as my phone was stolen a couple of weeks back whilst at work and I won't be able to sort a replacement for a while yet. So I am having to make do with PMs and emails.. My salaam and best wishes to your family! :wavey:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does the R34 have to b a Nut V-Spec to b able to pass in order for it to b a R1 Tune or can any standard R34 model do??

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Does the R34 have to b a Nut V-Spec to b able to pass in order for it to b a R1 Tune or can any standard R34 model do??

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
From what jps and Frank have posted in Posts 5 and 7 respectively, a standard R34 GTR model would have sufficed at the time such engine packages were available.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts