GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New to this forum so ill start by saying hello ! :wavey:

I currently drive a Evo 7 <<Mitsubishi Lancer Register>clicky>, which I imported myself back in November. Ive always wanted a R34, and now ive got the cash to do so.

Ive read up on getting them thru the test and was looking for any advice which might help me out.

Also, roughy how much are they going for in Japan? 1999 / 2000, bayside blue or purple v-spec.

Any info would be cracking

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Welcome Flynn.

There's a couple of threads on there about importing, just do a search. This one might be of interest though:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/55236-r34-registering-now-possible-again.html?highlight=importing

Some Japanese sites, so you can get an idea how much they go for here. Auctions will obviously be cheaper. Easy enough to navigate, but Babelfish can translate the text for you.

NISMO CAR'S FACTORY ZELE.�^GT-R�ê–å“X
GTR�ê–å“X BEST R
FREED
�VŽÔ�A’†ŒÃŽÔ‚Ì�î•ñ–ž�Ú�I�@ƒJ�[ƒZƒ“ƒT�[net

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'd be really interested in hearing how you get on with buying an R34 from Japan Flynn [as I wanna do the same in about a year or so].

Zele sell low mile V-SpecII 34's for between £25k - 30k, then you gotta inc the import costs [which is the bit I'm interested in]. But like NickM just said, you can pick them up cheaper at auction - Zele is like the top of the used R34 GTR tree, they got 6 Nur's in right now :)

You got an estimate of the import/SVA etc costs yet Flynn?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Same here, me and BUG4LIFE are in the same boat.

After doing alot of research bug4life I think its better to buy one from here.

·
Registered
225 Posts
To get one of those Nur's back from Zele gonna cost £45k minimum innit [though what an amazing price for a 2000km V-SpecII Nur]?

Yeah GTR RGT I'll definetly look what is available in this country when I'm ready to buy - but it's gonna be hard to find a low mile, near spotless example? I saw a standard UK R34 GTR at Middlehurst a while ago sell for £32k with over 60k miles on the clock. If I could get a 20k mile V-SpecII for £35k [inc import costs] from Zele, I'd do that.

Also, and this is gonna sound weak, almost all the 34's I seen on here may be in to high a state of tune for me! 600bhp in a car I'll be driving about 10 miles a day through Worcester city centre - if something goes wrong, I take it 600bhp+ cars aint cheap to fix! I'd be more than happy with 400bhp I reckon [though I'm sure the bug would bite me and I'd want more] :)

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
why should the Nur's price go up to £45k from importing?

I've been looking at prices,you can get a Nur for about £32k,so it'll be another £13k to import/register it then?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Still strongly think you should buy here.

Just have to except that a skyline R34 GTR is way way way to expensive to buy, import, run and pass the test.
The last place on earth for a true a motor enthusiast is germany or new zealand. Yes im gona cry

·
6,821 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think importing costs are close to £10k innit? I mean you gotta pay 17.5% tax, which on a £30k car is £5k[ish] innit? Plus the tests etc etc, you looking at a bill of £10k - though if anyone knows how it's actually all done do correct me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
which might help me out.

Also, roughy how much are they going for in Japan? 1999 / 2000, bayside blue or purple v-spec.

Any info would be cracking[/QUOTE]

These are the auction results from this week at HAA KOBE , sent to me by the company i use to buy at the auction for me, they also sort out the shipping and then i use sva uk to sort the rest out at Southampton.
The green gt-r m spec nur bnr34 2002 would cost around;

car 6005000 yn + auction handle fee 60,000 yn + inland frieght charge 10,000 yn + their custom clearence charge 30,000 yn + bidding charge 1,000 yn + successful charge 12,000 yn + cancellation of registration 5,250 yn + auto tax for japan 4,800 yn + insurance 10,00 yn + sea frieght 110,000 yn. Which comes to 6248050 yn which is around £29,800. Then over here you add 10% duty £2980 so now your up to £32,780 then add the vat to this £5736.80 . Add these together £38,516.80 then add around £2000 for sva test, alarm thatch 1, speedo km-mph re chip, tax, registration, radio band stretch, port handleing this end. So i rekon you will get that car on the road for around £40,500
Hope this helps.

At the moment divide yen by about 210 for sterling. If your still interested contact me and i will let you have my contacts details ( no messers please )

2002 SKYLINE COUPE GT-R V Spec 2 BNR34 F6 4000 ¥5911000 6 BLUE 2600.00 AC AW PS PW

2002 SKYLINE COUPE GT-R M SPEC NUR BNR34 F6 16000 ¥6005000 5 GREEN 2600.00 AC AW Leather PS

2002 SKYLINE COUPE BNR34 F6 9000 ¥6510000 5 BLACK 2600.00 AC AW PS PW MAY 2005

2001 SKYLINE COUPE GT-R V Spec 2 BNR34 F6 31000 ¥3410000 R PEARL 2600.00 AC PS PW

2001 SKYLINE COUPE GT-R V Spec 2 BNR34 F6 22000 ¥5273000 5 BLUE METALLIC 2600.00 AC AW TV PS PW

2001 SKYLINE COUPE GT-R V Spec 2 BNR34 F6 17000 ¥4995000 4 SILVER 2600.00 AC AW TV PS PW

2000 SKYLINE COUPE GT-R V Spec 2 BNR34 F6 52000 ¥4085000 1 SILVER 2600.00 AC PS PW

2000 SKYLINE COUPE GT-R V Spec 2 BNR34 F6 11000 ¥4106000 4 PEARL 2600.00 AC AW PS PW FEB 2006

·
Registered
225 Posts
Cheers for bud. Though I aint in the market yet, thats a really helpful post for my research etc.

That list of 34's - are they cars you have access to or something [oh forget that, I just seen these are the results of an auction this week!]?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Cheers for bud. Though I aint in the market yet, thats a really helpful post for my research etc.

That list of 34's - are they cars you have access to or something [oh forget that, I just seen these are the results of an auction this week!]?
Yes just auction results from one auction, what the hammer fell at.
The company i use go to 5 auctions around Japan a week so the choice of all the skylines is huge. Its a DIY way of doing it but i rekon you save about 5k cutting out the middle man. Thats 5k worth of mods :clap:
The company also go to the auction in our interest as they want your future custom, infact i have given them a budget in the past which was over what the car went for but they didn't bid because they thought it wasn't clean enough.
Before you bid you get two days to see the data on the cars with front back and interior pics. They supply a sketch with every panel on the car and use a lettering system to point out stone chips, respray , interior marks etc etc.
They also give the car a rating like A-D for interior condition and 1-6 for bodywork so i tell them to bid on B-5 cars and upwards. A-6 being showroom condition.
By the way its any Jap car you want not just Nissan.

·
6,821 Posts
I can just tell you one thing . . . an auction might be interesting for all other cars, but especially the R34 GTR never passes unseen in the auction, if you want a cheap one in good condition , you have to try the dealers outside Tokyo-Kanto .

The small dealers not have the customers around , to buy their R34s for 5-7 milion Yens . .. I wil try to get one next year in japan and it will be around 3.9 milion Yen.:smokin:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can just tell you one thing . . . an auction might be interesting for all other cars, but especially the R34 GTR never passes unseen in the auction, if you want a cheap one in good condition , you have to try the dealers outside Tokyo-Kanto .

The small dealers not have the customers around , to buy their R34s for 5-7 milion Yens . .. I wil try to get one next year in japan and it will be around 3.9 milion Yen.:smokin:

not sure i agree because of the sheer volume of r34's passing through the auctions. There was 12 in thursday's auction alone. V spec, v spec 2 and type m's . You do get a nice Tommy ????? car sometimes which goes for a lot but looks an ace car (sorry cant remember the second name as im not a gtr nut :) )

·
Registered
92 Posts
As most are asking for pics of the R-32, this is what is going into this weeks auction at USS Okayama.
All gtr-32 apart from the last r-34 which is 4WD that i was asked to show.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts