GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grasshopper motorsport are looking for an R34 to put on their stand this weekend at the Birmingham NEC. The car will be kept there from Thursday to Sunday evening.

Please remember, you will be representing Grasshopper Motorsport.

Please reply here if you are interested, do not email me.

Cheers,

Cem K.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm afraid I havent seen many skylines with blue LED washer jets, so I think thats why ur not getting much of a response, ur all just to scared that u'll look inferior without them :D

seriously tho, did'nt Grasshopper go bust recently??????

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Why dont I borrow someones R34 rear spoiler and diffuser, and R32 front end a and a nice big exhaust (do you think 13" is enough) and bolt them all on my Micra, that would probably be more suiting. Oh and a window sticker.

Whos got the blue washer jets then?

Rob

P.S. Do you think 17 inch R33 wheels and V.Spec shocks will bolt straight on?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Sorry, I just realized I wont be able to do it. My baseball caps gone to be dry cleaned and I have got any reebok classics. Damn :(

Rob

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Personally though

I reckon quite a few of the cars are brilliant. Having ever so slightly modified my 34 it must be a buzz to completely transform your car like some of them do.

glen

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Sorry for being stereotypical but 99.9% of the cars that are featured in max power suck. The show cars are quite nice tho. There was a Lambo there a few years back when I went. Hardly a max power car is it? There magazine is absolute rubbish aimed at people who cant drive. I will enevitably go to the show because its good fun and theres some quality kit there, especially the cruis strip, but the average feature car/magazine article is complete bollox and I HATE it with a passion.

I was just having a lff thats all :D

Rob

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Hopefully then

it's the .1 percent that I like as wel.

It's OK Max Power (and no I don't buy it :eek: ) as it is aimed at a different catergory of reader/driver :) .

glen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fair point

It's ok, I'm used to the stereotyping - unfortunately a lot of it is right! There's an awful lot of 'rude boys' in rustly ol' Nova's with blue LED washer jets and bolt-on exhaust pipe trims out there...

But in contrast I know a hell of a lot of people who take their car modifying seriously, don't own a baseball cap ;) and just want to make their car individual - that's what it's all about after all.

I guess the associated image will never really change, certainly not in the near future anyway. Just wanted to point out that we're not all like it (definately not 99.9%!) and please don't tar us all with the same brush.

Just my thoughts,

Ian (with no baseball cap ;) )

·
Registered
840 Posts
Just to show I'm not being to stereotypicle, and I havent forgotten that we all have to start somewhere (that was written in a non patronising way :)). Here's my old mota (I must say that it did'nt have blue washer jets ;))

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
nice golf...I like em! I used to have an XR2, black with blacked out lights and v v low!! doh! what have I admitted too!! R33 is my 18th car!!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I agree with you Ian

To modify your car extensively must be a buzz. Like I said I'm on that road and can REALLY appreciate anyone who's done the same. Whatever the motor.

OK the guy who had that Skoda and put about 200 gauges in it was a bit OTT :D .

glen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: I agree with you Ian

TOKYO said:
OK the guy who had that Skoda and put about 200 gauges in it was a bit OTT :D .
Agreed! :)

It's true that we all start somewhere, and often this is with slightly questionable choices in cars ;) Still, if in gets people more interested in modifying their cars then I guess it can't be a completely bad thing.

From there you can only improve and improve...

For a good example, keep an eye out for Carisma's new project car at Max Live this year... Some of you might have seen Jamie Shaw's R5 GTT? They're going to be showing off their new project car - a rather spangly TVR Cerbera with the most insanely impressive interior seen in a long time, and (I think..) a heavily tuned 4.2 ltr with NOS...

Ian

1 - 20 of 26 Posts