GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to remove my standard steering wheel so I can test fit a Momo with a quick release hub I've borrowed.

Do I need to remove a fuse to prevent the airbag going off? What size socket do I need to remove the wheel?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I done mine, and didn't take a fuse out or nothing!!!

If you want to be on the safe side, you could disconnect the battery

Yoiu'll need a tamper proof torx key for removing the airbag. You need to clip off the side panels on the steering wheel, and then undo the bolts holding the airbag.

Then you need to disconnect the connections for the airbag. This will become more clearer when you undo the airbag.

And then obviously undo the nut for the steering wheel itself. IIRC it was a normal nut or a torx key.

If you get stuck give us a shout

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
r33 v-spec - Thanks for the info. I'll have a look in Super Autobacs, see if I can find what I need. I don't have any tools with me here.

JBwangan - Let me know how you get on, any pics would be especially useful.... :)

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Yeah sorry i don't have no pics.

But if you get stuck i'll try to provide as much info as possible

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just for anyone who is searching on this topic. The connector for the airbag on the right hand side of the steering wheel does come off. You pull out the wire coming from the steering column, then at the front of the yellow connector there is a white tab which you push down towards the back of the wheel and then slide the connector forward and you can separate the airbag from the wheel which makes taking the centre nut off a whole lot easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts