GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I've just bought an MP3 player for the car but now realise that it won't fit the standard socket where my stereo sits now (I've a japanese import). Does anyone know if I can buy a frame for this which will enable me to fit a standard sized head unit into the socket?

Many thanks,

Cem

·
Registered
324 Posts
Alan is your Man here Blowdog

I think if it's the same as my Alpine thing it will go in with out the trim around it! I have looked at Jamie's and it does not seem to be that diffrent!

Glen must have a cool head unit in his R34 every thing on the car is cool :D unless he only tunes into the Whoosing and sucking of the intakes

regards

Bruce

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Ah...now it get it! The reason why the stereo desn't fit is because you seem to have a model fitted with the Japanese TV system. This takes the place of the aircon and the aircon is moved down into the first(the top) DIN place. Then the factory Nissan stereo is moved into the last(bottom) DIN place.
My advice to you is to get rid of the TV control(as it seems to be pointless in the UK) and replace the Aircon on its "original position" and then you will be left with a free DIN space. Although I think you will be missing some of the plastic sorrund?:confused:
Alan what do you think??

Have a look at a picture of mine to see what I mean(I only have a single Din head unit)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Dino,

Actually that's my car not Cem's :)

I was going to suggest the same as you if Cem's set up is the same as mine. Next time I go back to the UK I'm taking all the trim required for mine. :D

PS, Is that a kill switch, fuel cut-off, or snazzy cigar lighter you've got there ? :cool:

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Doh....what an idiot!! Well I suppose that Blowdog must have the same set up as you Bean....thats the only reason I can think of...all head units are the same size world-wide.
I'm afraid it is the snazzy cigar lighter;) :smokin: :smokin:
I think I'll take the on/off stickers off though...he he

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Stickers

N Dino leave 'em on. They give the car more value, enhance the looks and make it go faster ;) :D .

You poser you. Good man.

glen

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey all,

Thanks for your assistance so far.

Bean,
Thats exactly what mine looks like. Unfortnately, it's not as simple as moving the Aircon controller up because the UK controller and the Japanese controller are 2 completely different sizes. To buy a UK controller would cost me £450.00!

Dino,
That surround you have is available for me to buy at a cost of £100.00 but unfortunatley I need to buy a replacement Air-Con controller for the reason I outline above.

Spoken with Abbey and Prospec, no luck yet =(

Cem

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
I'm even more confused now!
Blowdog...I didn't realize you had a UK car. I've seen a few over in the UK but the interior seemed to be the same as the pic I posted.
So what is the difference between the UK/J controllers?? any pics??

Glen...I'll take your advice on the stickers then. I have noticed it goes a little faster with them on....better not touch them!!;)

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doh,

We've got Dino all confused :D

I have a Japanese car. You'll notice the Jap version of the Air controller is inset, where the UK version is outset. If you would look at a profile, one is convex and one is concave.

Cem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts