GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, sorry to bother but I would really appreciate some guidance on this.

I put up this shoplist at powerhouseracing and would ask you to look and tell your justice. Car in question: perfectly stock r34 gtr. This is to be done without swapping to forged internals. That can be done later I think.

First stage---------------------------------------------------------------

Apexi PFC---cost? / AFM and O2 wideband?

Blitz Dual SBC Spec R Boost Controller $445.00 / OR /Apexi Boost Controller $351 (PFC based)??

Blitz Sus Power Filter System $326.36 -ok? better ARC induction kit?

Greddy MX Down Pipe for R34 Skyline/ $262.90 -ok? any suggestions?

Greddy Power Extreme ll Exhaust System R34 Skyline $544.00

HKS Injector Upgrade for (RB26) Skyline--680cc $151.36 -enough for 600hp range??

Aeromotive 120 psi Fuel Pressure Regulator $145.00 -should I get fuel rail?

SARD SR58252 SARD Fuel Pumps//SARD 280L/H Fuel Pump $319.50 --ok?

Aproxx cost (without PFC,afm,o2 and tune)=$2192--aprox 1500GBP
---------------------TUNE------------------------------------------------

SECOND STAGE-----------------------------------------------------------

HK Step 1 Cam R34 HKS Step 1 Camshaft 272 Lift $372.00 -Is this the way to go?

HK Step 1 Cam R34 HKS Step 1 Camshaft 272 Exhaust $372.00

Exedy Hyper Carbon D-Series Twin Plate Clutch $3,132.00 - Is this more than I need? any cheaper suggestions?

HKS Turbo Kit for (RB26) Skyline//HKS GT2530 Turbo Kit $3,339.60

Blitz LM Intercooler $1,088.00 - ok??

cost=$8345-aprox--5675GBP
----------------------------tune---------------------------------------
You think I need intake or exaust manifold?

I am looking for the 600hp range. I considere going forged to achieve perfect reliability.
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
The search button is your friend. This has been done many times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand what you mean, however you should not feel obliged to answer...Thanks for your advice and I use it. However there are some issues here that I feel are interesting and usefull for everyone. Hope someone has the time to help in any way.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
The issues being what exactly? Help us to help you!

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Very strange post, you ask us to be critical, your told to search and then you post "however you should not feel obliged to answer"

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Bless him. I would guess that English isn't his first language but I can't tell because his profile isn't filled in.

Anyhow all that I would say is missing from his list is an oil cooler/de-cat pipe and he should drop the intercooler.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Stage 1:
complete exhaust from turbo and back ( free your restriction )
Aftermarket ECU to fine tune the engine for higer boost
Injectors are fine for 600bhp can do for 700cc, then you sure you don't max em out.
Boost controller.
(boost if you have ceramic turbine in the turbo's don't run over 1bar)

Stage 2:
Cams-not sure about what to go for, most people use Pon-cams as they are straight drop in, no headwork is needed.

Clutch- Carbon is the most expensive one, there are Nismo coppermix twin,OSGiken and so on.
Turbo's fine- not made anymore. Fine some cam's that suit that turbo setup best.
Intercooler- stock is fine for 600bhp, np if you want to use the extra money, will only lower your inlet temp a bit, but don't expect a 100bhp diffrence hehe
Inlet is fine for alot of bhp
Exhaust manifold-fine for 600bhp can port them a bit so they flow a bit more, but they never crack. Again if you want to use the extra money sure get some Tomei Expreme manifolds.

But look at the site we have plenty of traders here, and you don't have to buy new stuff if you are on a budget....GTRshop has alot of parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts