GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you directly replace R32 turbos with R34 ones or is there some fettling involved?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi Vintoni, i have these on my 32, straight swap, try and get R34 turbo elbows also, again direct replacement of the 32 elbows, slightly better flow.
The R34 tubbies will give faster spool, which is deffo noticeable over the 32's, and also fairly safe up to 1.2 bar, if mapped correctly.

Lee.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one Lee

Yeah I was looking at replacing the elbows too. Is it worth getting aftermarket ones or will the R34 be just as good?

·
Registered
366 Posts
The big name elbows are overpriced IMO, for the gains over the 34's, plus the OEM stuff is generally high quality.
Also, do you know what downpipe's your running ? (on the car at the moment?)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sounds good, i was going to mention the stock d-pipes have pre-cats in them, and to remove/replace etc...............

Sorry no pics of my beloved Mopars, all sold way back. Wish i still owned the R/T Coronet, real nice car, plus they commanding big money here now.....
My my dad has a '65 Dodge Polara, 2 dr, 383ci, nice genuine car.

Lee.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have bought Racespec elbows to replace my standard GTR32 - will let you know quality/fit when received and installed.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
366 Posts
...........deffo replace the gaskets, an also the studs an the nuts suffer too due to the heat etc, replace if pos...........

·
Registered
326 Posts
I never added any oil restrictors, I just swapped them over and they worked fine. They spool much faster than the stock 32 turbos, but I fitted 34 elbows at the same time.

·
Registered
366 Posts
...............no restricters in mine either......no probs so far, an its had more hammer than a plumbers thumb....

·
Registered
404 Posts
Fair enough, I haven't got any myself but I read that ball bearing turbos will require a restrictor in the oil feed otherwise you can blow out the seals, and use oil, but you guys are running them so maybe I have the wrong info.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts