GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive only had my R35 a short while and think its spectacular in every way driving wise, BUT for some reason the R34 GTR still had something special and magical about it even though in terms of performance it cant touch the , I cannot put my finger on it. anyone else whos had both feel the same?

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Maybe this missing magic is all down to driver involvement Amar?? You've got to work to get the most out of the inline engined Skylines where as the newer V6 power'd GT-R does it with just a finger flick of one of the paddles....:chuckle:

Since you've had both now mate, Does a true 500bhp Skyline GT-R really have no chance when going head to head against a STD R35 GT-R? I'm only asking this again because Evo magazine put a stock R34 Skyline GT-R and a 2013 R35 GT-R around the track and they posted identical times around that circuit!

Surely the lighter 2.6L Skyline with a higher power output that matched the newer Nissan could've gone slightly quicker than the heavier 3.8L GT-R did??????:confused:

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its only my opinion, I haven't done any lap times etc to compare, but just from normal driving the 35 just feels better in terms of performance ,and pretty much every other way.

personal choice though, I would choose a R34, there is just something about the 34 which does it for me like no other car. think the 34 looks way better than the 35.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Is Valet Mode still enabled?

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is Valet Mode still enabled?

no mate mine never actually came with valet mode, which obviously made it lighter and faster,BUT I have spoken to litchfields who will be installing valet mode for me as I think its something I still want in the car for that extra peace of mind.

hows your valet mode? have you had the latest software update for it?:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think it's driver involvement too mate, raw old skool manual!! performance wise no the R34 can't touch the R35
and i believe the R34 would need to have a 100bhp advantage in a straight line to match an R35 due to the
speed of the gear changes in the R35.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
I would choose a R34, there is just something about the 34 which does it for me like no other car. think the 34 looks way better than the 35.
Totally agree there matey!

I don't hate the R35 GT-R (far from it) but for some reason (as much as I respect its potential) it just leaves me cold where as the R33's & R34's get my blood pumping and heart racing every time I see one of these Skyline GT-R's!:cool:

Maybe its also partially down to rarity?? The R35 GT-R is becoming quite a common sight in even the most rural of areas now....

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
So,

a Mine's R34 Skyline GT-R with 630PS & 1350kgs = 1'08:93 Lap-Time

v's

a Mine's R35 GT-R with 600PS & 1740kgs = 1'09:79 Lap-Time

May need to watch this:
Thanks for posting that FRRACER!:)

T'was not the crushing defeat from the all conquering techno-fests that I was expecting from that video with the Mine's R34 GT-R finishing second overall with two R35's GT-R's left behind him!:cool:

IMHO, The Mine's R34 Skyline GT-R looks better, sounds better, looked more stable on the limit, was only half a second behind the brand new version and ultimately looked much more fun to drive during that race. I guess that's what driving enthusiasts mean by character and soul!!!

JM2PW!

·
Registered
3,585 Posts

May need to watch this:

lol all that proves is that the gtr is carrying a lot more weight and less power and losses by less than 1 second, the r34 has had 130% power added over standard at 635 hp.

an equivelant r35 with 130% power added over standard would be 1115 hp.

I have owned a 720 hp r33 gtr, and my current r35 at 780 hp from the start line would be pulling away rapidly from the off, from 60 - 100 mph the 720 hp gtr was 1.23 seconds slower than the 780 hp r35 gtr, no bias those are just times ive recorded myself with my own cars.

I love r34s by far the prettiest gtr ever made, but at 600 hp the r35 is only gonna be stage 1, put a stage 1 r34 up against it and it would be frankly laughable lets be honest here.

the r34 may well pull some back in the bends but out on the straights in a like for like comparison the r35 would murder it.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
lol all that proves is that the gtr is carrying a lot more weight and less power and losses by less than 1 second, the r34 has had 130% power added over standard at 635 hp.

an equivelant r35 with 130% power added over standard would be 1115 hp.

I have owned a 720 hp r33 gtr, and my current r35 at 780 hp from the start line would be pulling away rapidly from the off, from 60 - 100 mph the 720 hp gtr was 1.23 seconds slower than the 780 hp r35 gtr, no bias those are just times ive recorded myself with my own cars.

I love r34s by far the prettiest gtr ever made, but at 600 hp the r35 is only gonna be stage 1, put a stage 1 r34 up against it and it would be frankly laughable lets be honest here.

the r34 may well pull some back in the bends but out on the straights in a like for like comparison the r35 would murder it.
For me it's just how I feel driving it, R35 is an amazing car and can't see me selling for a few years but driving a 600plus R34 puts a bigger smile on my face and the fact I'd find it hard to see another one passing me at any point.

Graham

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
For me it's just how I feel driving it, R35 is an amazing car and can't see me selling for a few years but driving a 600plus R34 puts a bigger smile on my face and the fact I'd find it hard to see another one passing me at any point.

Graham

I can totally relate to that graham, my r33 was a proper handful it needed a lot of driver input you knew you were driving it, whereas my r35 well id let the missus drive it and have no worries its so easy to drive in comparison.

for the prettiest car, and the most hands on driving experience it would be an r34 no question.

how much real world difference in the drive is there from an r33 to an r32 ?
I preferred the drive of my r33 over the r32s ive had but havnt had an r34, yet.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts