GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see top gear last night? VB-H raced Alistair McCrae in his works Hyundai Accent with an R34 (std I think). I did not write the times down but she got beaten and she did not manage to crack 100 mph on the quarter. Surely a std R34 can do this (with the right driver) and could probably beat the accent? Any comments (especially from Vicky!)
Dave

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Well here in Japan I get to see Top Gear 2 weeks later than the Uk get it so I don't know what happened. A WRC car against a standard GTR is not very fear to start off with....is it!! All that anti-lag business and sequential 'box....:rolleyes:

Maybe good old Tiff should have had a go!!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
100 in a quarter

Hi Chaps,
Didn't see the show but a mate of mine ran at santa pod the other day in an almera and got over 80 mph at the line.
It seems that a standard car with a good start would get about 105-110 mph and a time in the high 11's early 12's

how much weight was the R34 giving to the accent ? My sister watched it and phoned me to let me know it was on but i was busy drinking !!:smokin:
She said that it kept up with the WRC but I didn't see.....

/Steve

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfair?

I thought that it was a bit unfair. Set your video for two weeks time then! VB-h is the best looking R34 driver I have seen!

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guy, that sorts that one out then. The two cars should have been side by side then. The reaction time had something to do with it, pretty poor.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah u r right as the BBC will be scrapping it next year I'm affraid to say with no real reason?

Strange as it has bigger viewings now than it ever did with J. Clarkson.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
top gear 2

I also saw the programme.

If i am not mistaken Vicky did it in 13.5 secs,so guy u were right on the money:)

rgds

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts