GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i just bought an R34 Vspec 2 engine and i want to put it in my R33, i just want to know if the R33 cams will fit in ? what about the R 33 cam sensors ? what changes do i need to make i wana put it in my R33 ?

Secondly i wanted to know R34 Vspec 2 engine is forged ? which company makes it ? can the Vspec 2 engine be compared to 2JZ GTE ? are both engines made by the same companies ?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Guys i just bought an R34 Vspec 2 engine and i want to put it in my R33, i just want to know if the R33 cams will fit in ? what about the R 33 cam sensors ? what changes do i need to make i wana put it in my R33 ?

Secondly i wanted to know R34 Vspec 2 engine is forged ? which company makes it ? can the Vspec 2 engine be compared to 2JZ GTE ? are both engines made by the same companies ?
Hi mate your 33 cams and cam sensors should all fit (I am guessing your cars a r33 gtr? or if you have a gts-t or gts then iam not sure it would fit)

I think the v-spec engine's are the pretty much the same as normal rb26's

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its a gtr 33, I just wana confirm if the R34's crank, pistons, connecting rods are forged? the main bearings too can they hold upto 500 bhp ?

·
Registered
794 Posts
well its a gtr 33, I just wana confirm if the R34's crank, pistons, connecting rods are forged? the main bearings too can they hold upto 500 bhp ?
none are forged...

but if done properly, all can hold 600hp no prob

same company did gearbox for r34 and 2jz-gte 6 speed...getrag...but gearbox is different, some ppl say r34 gearbox is much weaker than supra

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
R34' stock internals are as strong as supras ? i have read that Supras stock internals can sustain upto 700 bhp without any hassel. Does the R34' stock internals have the same strength ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
same company did gearbox for r34 and 2jz-gte 6 speed...getrag...but gearbox is different, some ppl say r34 gearbox is much weaker than supra
I'd guess that 4WD has a massive part to play in why GTR's can break the box so much more easily than a Supra with the same power.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@ MArty

I am talking about the Crank of R 34 and 2Jz GTE are they both forged? and can hold the same power?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts