GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just in the process of selling my yellow lancer evo 5 and Lancia Intergrale and would like to ask if any of you knowledgable people out there know of any decent R34's for sale. Also, apart from the general buying a used car stuff, what should I be paying particular attention to when buying a Skyline?

All info welcome.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Correct me anyone if I'm wrong on this:

If it is a UK spec car (ie. officially imported by Middlehurst) then it will have a leather interior, and 3 year P&L warranty. If it is a Japanese import - privately imported or by a company other than Middlehurst (Nissan's only official UK Skyline dealership) - then it won't have leather (unless it's been fitted aftermarket).

If its a UK spec car, chances are you wont have to worry about anything since it will have already been taken care of by Middlehurst. You probably wouldn't even need to check the history (aside from obvious things like HPI etc).

If its a Japanese import, you should ensure that all the relevant import, SVA, etc documents are present as a lot of stolen GTRs can turn up in the UK. There are a number of threads on this forum to testify to this. SE Parts do a free chassis number check that will verify part of a car's history as far as I know.

A Jap import should have an ECU that has been converted to run on UK fuel, recalibrated speedos (kmh -> mph), etc.

There is I'm sure other stuff that I've missed that R34 owners on the board can enlighten you with :)

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Durzel, Thanks for the info.

Anybody know of an R34 for sale privately?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Evo

Howsie,

I thought you sold your Evo before Christmas.. or did the buyer pull out at the last minute...?

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. They have pulled out and now I've got to give him his deposit back £6k. Ouch!

·
Registered
719 Posts
You should of asked for a smaller non-refundable deposit which would be the opportunity cost of taking it off the market. Call me heartless but I've dealt with too many timewasters in my time. Ask for his £6K back, I'd tell him to sling it:D

Talat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts