GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New to liners but thinking about an R34... :thumbsup:

What would I need to change on a std R34 to get 450 - 500 Bhp atf.

What sort of cost would this be??

Any input appreciated - Up on Evo's but not Skylines.... :shy:

Thanks!

3,665 Posts
JamesF mail me at mark(at)abbeymotorsport.co.uk or ring me on 01883 732331 ext 2 , we can discuss the conversion.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuel pump. bigger injectors, mafs, ecu....good map
thx Gordieboy but need a bit more info mate....

Is this for 450 or 500??

What size injectors??
What fuel pump?
What mafs do you normally change to??
Remap of std ecu or piggy back such as power fc??

I asume full exhaust will be needed with induction kit?

What sort of budget of cost??

·
Super Moderator
15,732 Posts
Standard turbos around 1 bar (possibly 1.1). A 'Stage 1' GTR is usually induction, exhaust and boost and makes around 380bhp or so. 500bhp will require upgrading the turbos and a few other bits and bobs, I was quoted around £5K to get a reliable 500bhp (standard engine!).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so what is the max power you can run on a pair of std tubbys??

At what point do you need to start on internals??

3,665 Posts
STD turbo,s have a limit by the size of the wastegate holes as a std turbo, your get boost creeps of your exhaust system if you exhaust flows to much air as the wastegate holes will not flow enought air to control the boost , you can either restrict the flow with a race cat or a restrictor plate or run a STD downpipe

With all the right mods , exhaust sorted , mappable ecu, boost controller , STD injectors and air flow meters running around 1.1 bar boost your see around 410ish BHP flywheel or 340/350 bhp hub.

But with other mods like cams , intercoolers , injectors , Nismo AFM,s, larger turbo,s you can easily get 500bhp without getting into the motor.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i drove arount 430 bhp on std engine with std turbos with 1.2 bar peak boost. everything was running fine.

over 450 bhp the injetors are undersized. you can calculate what cc your injector need if you take the horses and devide it with 90 (cause 90 ist the peak you shut max out the injetors) so in your case 600cc injetors would be good

·
Registered
798 Posts
when my car(r32 so ceramic turbos) was at 440 fly bhp it had..

stock [email protected](avcr boost controller)
Full suzuka exhaust with decat and downpipes
Hks intakes,hardpipes and intercooler(nothing wrong with stock intercooler though for this power)
Nismo afms(also not essential for this power)
Apexi power fc
Uprated plugs
And most importantly a good map..think it was 370 at the hubs on a dynapack

Ifs cheap up to 450ish bhp(basically good breathing mods and up the boost abit)..over that you will need bigger turbos,injectors a fpr would be nice and a 280lph pump would be recommended..btw there is people out there running 600+bhp with stock bottom ends..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts