GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
I am looking to buy a UK R34 and am viewing one this weekend.
I currently own a Lotus Esprit V8 but with a little one due very soon it will be too impractical hence change albeit to a proper car!

The car in question is an April 2000 W with 14000 miles and is Silver.It is one owner Middlehurst supplied with all upgrade work carried out by them, currently standing so i`ve been told at approx 570 bhp as it is running 1.63 bar.It has a Nismo bodykit, nismo GT3 wheels, Hyper muffler exhust, AP 6pot racing brake upgrade,Nismo springs and a £3.5k custom sound system.
I have been told the car is as new.All bills added the cost of this monster has totaled a whopping £82K.
The question is chaps what do you guys think it is realistically worth as owner is looking for £48 -£46K.

Also insurance quote is £1907 with priviledge. 29 years 6 years no claims one sp50 6 points in april 98 and £6k claim in July this year when I overturned wifes Yaris the wobbly piece of S**T !
Anyone think I can do better!

Any info much appreiciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
my $.002

The way that I see car value working is that although there should be some returns for money invested, this by no means justifies a high price and in some cases you will see cars that are standard being worth as much as modified ones. (look at Henry's Supra 100k spent by blitz and Henry is selling it for 24K)

That said it is nice to get some money back for your mods.
As far as the car's value just look at other 34's both here and in Japan and see how much they are booking at, Ask one of your car dealer mates (and believe me when you say how much you are going to spend they'll be your mate...)

so then you have to weigh the factors with each other, I'd like to know the exact mods that have been carried out (1.63 bar is high) so you'd need peace of mind on the turbos and all of the other mods verified by Dyno sheets to prove that you are getting 570 bhp. and if Middlehurst did the upgrade then I'd have thought the job would be first rate and the parts won't be over stressed but if they took it to 450 then the owner simply wound up the boost controller it may take some life out of the car.

If the car looks good and all of the figures check out it sounds good but then I don't know how much car you could buy for the same money in standard guise they had one on a "w" last year in a local nissan garage and that was up for 35000 (but it was white )

best of luck.

Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Guys

The car is a UK car and speaking to middlehurst it has had a 500bhp upgrade. The turbos have been changed for the steel hks not sure what models.
The upgrade was done in two stages 1 took it to 400 bhp, exhust,induction,cams ect and then to 500bhp with turbo changes,clutch,head gasket,management.The bottom end is standard.
The car I was told should not be running 1.6 bar as it was set to 1.4 unless the 1.6 are peaks, will check with owner!!

Hope this gives a better picture.
Is it worth the asking price??

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Im pretty sure this car is being discussed on another 3d. If it is that one it does look like a good car...except for the GT wheels which are not to everybodys liking. As Guy mentioned it probably has the 2510s fitted and sounds like a good value car for UK spec. IMO good consideration should be given between this and an import GTR(simply based on the savings). Plus if you buy a ready-tuned car there is no fun in doing it up yourself...which is what a lot of people enjoy.
Its up to u but if you do go with it you get a good, well mentained car.

Only my 2 yen worth:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
i dont think so, an R33 would be a better bet. it's just too expensive (well over here it is)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts