GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been looked into in the past but would it be worth it to have the R34 Workshop manual translated?

I don't even know how big the manual is.

Here you can by it in Japanese for $370 USD
http://www.motortraders.net/books/shop/show.asp?code=10-R34

What do you think it would cost to have the pictures etc scanned and have the text translated and then put into a nicely formatted downloadable .pdf type format.

How many people would it take to make it worth it? There has to be a company around that could do this. As R34's keep getting imported into English speaking countries there will eventually be a demand for them.

There is a lot to these cars - it sure would be nice to understand them properly.

Just a thought............

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I think its a great idea. But it could be pretty costly to have it done.

BTW...I'm sure they cost much less than $370. I think they retali for around 9,000 yen(?) :confused:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet Jesus. Thats only $75. Big Diff.
You are right Dino - it would be time consuming and expensive, but if enough people wanted to do it...........

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Amerikiwi,

Some how I missed this thread, I must be out of town or something when you post this.

There is a R34 GTR's work shop manual that is in English available from Nissan of New Zealand. I got one :D Only about half the manual is translated into English though, but better then nothing. At least they translated all the important part.

You can buy it thru any Nissan dealer in New Zealand, and if you are not in New Zealand like myself, you can get one thru this company call "JPNZ", that is how I got my manual.

Their website is http://www.jpnz.co.nz/ they are extremely nice people.

If you got any question, feel free to contact me.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Oh yeah, it is a very cool manual, the English book look just like a factory printed manual, extremely high quality. A must have for any R34 GTR's owner.

You are more then welcome to look at my manual when you come here.

I just fixed the link, it works now. It had an extra comma at the end earlier, sorry. Damn punctuation again :D

If you like, I can take a picture of the cover of the manual so you can see it now :) Just let me know.

Jeff

·
Registered
272 Posts
I didnt think they could be purchased , I might call Nissan tomorrow , I would like one for future reference . I have a copied R32 workshop manual and that is very useful.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Now we talk about it, I just took out the manual and started to look at it more closely, it say it is printed in Japan by Nissan motor company for overseas service department, it looks like it is translated by Nissan Japan for English speaking countries. Wow, seems like not many people know about this. Maybe I should keep this as my secret and start selling them to people........hehe just kidding. As I said you can buy them from the dealer in NZ.

Jeff

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Jeff.
Thanks for that. I will be going to NZ in November for holidays and will check it out. Hopefully my NUR will be there to meet me:)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Amerikiwi,

You are welcome, this is what internet forums are for right? To help each other with stuff like these.

Sorry I forgot your name :(

Jeff

·
Registered
28 Posts
yea if no one wants the scanning job. let me know, i can get it done within 3-5 days at most usually takes 2 days for an 800 page book,,,

i have samples of my work so you can see how good they are, i will pay all shipping to and from, confimation, tracking etc.. what ever it takes to get the book,..

just PM if you are serious , and i will give you any information on myself... thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts