GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
One of my headlights stopped working as in not coming on but just flickering, then within a couple of days other one did the same, changed the philips bulbs for replacement compatible d2r bulbs, but both of them flash/flicker but wont come on, i have checked all fuses connections and all looks ok, is there somehting im missing or a common fault? ive done searches but nothing as to other than changing the bulbs comes up? any feedback help would be most appreciated,
Cheers John

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
With the 33's it's usually dirty contacts on the stalk but your 34 sounds like the ignition/ballast units might have gone to me.
Check the supply to the ignitor/ballast units for constant 12v - if it's constant then it's the ignitors/ballast if it intermittent then its most probably the contacts on the stalk/column in the cabin.

**Don't mess with the output from the ballast unit as you'll probably be looking at 12,000V+!**

·
Registered
11 Posts
john, have you been able to solve this issue yet? and where are the ignitions/ballasts located? i'm experiencing the exact same problem..or though so far it's only my left headlight..

cheers,
lexxy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts