GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a quote from existing insurer - £625 fully comp.

Direct Line - £1000
Elephant - £720
Numerous other companies - £730-1300(!)

A-PLAN - £580!!

Existing insurer - £580. Thanks again Keith Michaels. Always a pleasure to deal with Jeremy.:thumbsup:
T

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I would've gone with A-Plan to teach your existing insurer not to rip you off, tbh.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Or, told your existing insurer you're going to A-Plan unless they give you a discount.

Still, 580 quid isn't too bad for an R34. It will be even cheaper after your 21st birthday Toni ;)

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, TBF they had already given me a cracking quote given the 95% of the other quotes I got. I think A Plan just wanted me back as I was an ex-customer and he was quite keen. KM were also very happy to keep me, so we're all happy.:thumbsup:

21, I wish.:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would've gone with A-Plan to teach your existing insurer not to rip you off, tbh.
I think thats abit unfair as I had already sent the renewal out a very good premium.

I then discounted my commission to keep the business so everyone was happy.

Many Thanks

Jeremy.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
It's a general statement; there's often no reward for loyalty with insurers, who give their best prices for new customers and try and recoup on existing ones. I understand business reasons etc.; it must be cut-throat out there.

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeremy was a gent, as always, and I am very happy.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I think thats abit unfair as I had already sent the renewal out a very good premium.

I then discounted my commission to keep the business so everyone was happy.

Many Thanks

Jeremy.

Can't say fairer than that, I personally think anything under a grand is good.........with my history :eek:

:chuckle:

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keith Michaels comes up trumps again!

Changed my number plate today and NO CHARGE!!

Brilliant, I've been charged admin fees in the past of up to £25. Can't argue that!:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts