GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
Shame they sold off the old r32 and r33 demo cars the other year.
Especially the twincharged r32, if only they had put a roots blower instead of a rotrex....

·
Registered
983 Posts
Brilliant read and as Matty said great to see them keep this car and its engine relevant.

The bit about the R35 injectors was interesting... find a way to pair them to the stock rail perhaps???

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
Brilliant read and as Matty said great to see them keep this car and its engine relevant.

The bit about the R35 injectors was interesting... find a way to pair them to the stock rail perhaps???
It’s quite common in japan

Have them on my 32

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
You have a stock rail Matty? What adaptors are you using?

Liaised with Top Secret so they provided the required kit / parts so using that route but uses a Nismo fuel pressure reg

I won’t be on here going forward but happy to answer questions on Facebook etc

·
Registered
983 Posts
Just did a bit of research Matty and have found out the injectors are shorter, high impendance and have different plugs. The multi hole and revised spray pattern give better low end torque according to Nismo on the R2 kit.

Did a bit more and found NZEFI do a full kit that allows you to fit the injectors to the stock RB26 setup!

Couple this with a Nismo pump and FPR and its win win all round!

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
I got your pm but il reply here

I use the midori fuel rail rather than stock.

R35 injectors I bought from here about a year ago, paid £160 I think for them but it***8217;s defo the way forward

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,172 Posts
Just did a bit of research Matty and have found out the injectors are shorter, high impendance and have different plugs. The multi hole and revised spray pattern give better low end torque according to Nismo on the R2 kit.

Did a bit more and found NZEFI do a full kit that allows you to fit the injectors to the stock RB26 setup!

Couple this with a Nismo pump and FPR and its win win all round!
I'd recommend NZEFI. Great guys. I'm running their Bosch upgrade in my car.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I was a bit surprised by the comment about the R35 injectors not getting you much past 550bhp. Unless I misunderstood something.

I have the Supertec kit for R35 coils on my R34 and it's making around 750-800bhp and drives really well with great fuel economy.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I was a bit surprised by the comment about the R35 injectors not getting you much past 550bhp. Unless I misunderstood something.

I have the Supertec kit for R35 coils on my R34 and it's making around 750-800bhp and drives really well with great fuel economy.
I bought the same coil kit too but have yet to fit it. I'm looking forward to seeing its advantages especially the fuel economy!

Btw, what injectors are you running CT?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I bought the same coil kit too but have yet to fit it. I'm looking forward to seeing its advantages especially the fuel economy!

Btw, what injectors are you running CT?
Some second hand OEM ones that came out of a two year old R35 when it was upgraded to a 1200bhp+ monster.

I've already bought another kit from Supertec to go on my R32.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Some second hand OEM ones that came out of a two year old R35 when it was upgraded to a 1200bhp+ monster.

I've already bought another kit from Supertec to go on my R32.
Oh right so you have R35 injectors... hmmm so it is surprising why they say it wont get you past 550hp when you've already gone waaay past that. :runaway:

Looking forward to sticking on R35 injectors on mine now :clap:

·
Registered
153 Posts
R35 injectors only run about 570cc flow rate - any more than about 550 crank hp is playing with fire unless you run much more than 43 psi delta on the fuel pump regulator.

Dino's comment regarding MAF deletes is interesting. For street cars I would argue that a MAF setup is much better than a MAP setup, especially factoring in the ITBs causing issues with load measurement for speed density. Unless you're getting MAP load for each intake runner just as the intake valve closes you probably won't have great fueling for speed density. If you have to blend in TPS as a load signal there's no way you're going to get accurate fueling in open-loop, and using a pressure accumulator is equivalent to a single throttle body plenum.

I think the future of the second generation GT-R is increasingly a matter of life support to try and integrate newer technology and continue with parts support. Stuff like headlight lens replacement is really interesting as yellowed and fogged up lenses really age the look of a car. I personally wonder more about things like the potential of direct port water injection for the RB26 - Aquamist has the whole system and the Nismo GT Plenum has bosses for the injectors. One of the big things that GDI-T engines have over normal PFI-T engines is the ability to run relatively lean (~13:1 AFR on turbo engines with 10.2:1 CRs) due to their enhanced in-cylinder cooling.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts