GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You only need to look on pistonheads to see a revival of prices, and quality of cars. I thought this would happen eventually after the big drops over the past two years. Also for most of last year i got the impression that anyone owning a pretty special 34 was hanging onto it, as all that really came up for sale was lightly modded or standard cars for bottom dollar prices.

They had to stop falling and start rising eventually purely due to the limited production of this model. I feel the mass over production or the NEW GTR has additionally helped the R34GTRs case.

Any comments ???????????

Tony

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
ye i agree.

There are some cheap 34's around but there the same cars that i looked at over 1 year ago. They are all dogs! they seem to disapear for 3-4 months then reapear up for sale.

there are a few 34's that i have seen come up for sale and i think thats up for alot but a week later there sold! So maybe they was under priced to sell that quick in the first place.?

then there is the fact that most skylines are disappearing abroad so numbers are getting less over here.

I think im going to keep mine for ever anyway so i dont care! lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
In Europe ( UK Exclusive ), when we import R34 GTR's from Japan, and by the time that they are in the hands of a client here you will be lookin at 38 to 40.000 euro for a 2001 GTR 34 BNR

Why,

an R34 GTR 2000 model with a descent grade will cost you aprox: 3.500.000 Yen that is 27.000 Euro + Import + VAT + Shipping is 35.000 Euro

Thats only a 2000 model with min. 60.000 km and a grade 4 in japan

The same car with some serious modifications gets sold in the UK for 25.000 to 27.000 euro at this moment. BUT. a few months ago the pound was 1.6 Euro, these days it is nearly 1.2 that means that a year ago a R34 GTR ould have cost us 20 % more then today ! LOTS of R34 GTRs get sold to the Euro mainland area because of that.

And japanese prices seem to raise to. I think in just a matter of time the pound will gain terain again and rise above 1.5 euro which will increase GTR 34 Prices also with the same amount for us.. as the jap Y will keep rising as expected.. a gtr will rise back from 26.000 euro average to 40-45.000 euro in 2010.. and thats just on the coin vallue.

Indeed the number of skyline R34 GTR drops drasticly as every year more and more of them get used on the track and every year at least 8 to 10 get crashed on the euro mainland.

R34 GTR's are a dying breed on the road and that will make prices go up again.. cause believe it or not.. The R34 GTR is one of the most mythical cars around from japan and will stay like that for years to come. no R35 or R36 will beat that.

It is and stay a must have item. !

The ones who have one.. keep it and save it for the most hungry days.. the ones that want one.. buy it now... there will never be a better moment !!!

PS the price drop also occured because lots of people wanted a R35 GT-R and needed to sell the R34 to get the funds... and for that sold it for less less money that is was worth.

PPS i have a R34 GTR 2001 Midnight Purple 45.000km GRADE +++++ Top condition for sale from a friend.. interrested people can mail me.. the car is in a dream condition,
Stock look, Stock Wheels, Stock As new Interrior, HKS turbo kit, ApexipowerFC, HKS Pipings, Greddy Blow offs, Apexi AVC-R, Infinity sound installation and Media screen indash..
the whole lot.... also someone who wants a R35 GTR btw.... only 275+ or somthing where made , and it still is in new condition and with a gentle 500bhp???? why wanne change?
anyway... people interrest can pm m thow.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Im hoping the same will happen for the R33's. R32's are starting to command as much as an R33 and R34's values are on the recovery.

Ive noticed the same as Matty for R33's - you see them up for sale at £6-7k, but they are dogs - rusty, dented and generally tired. Hopefully the decent ones will still be able to command £10k+

Also, am I right in thinking the earliest R33's will be able to be imported to Canada as of next year? If so that should help values a little...

·
Registered
519 Posts
I don't think R34's are shifting at all well.

I watch Pistonheads a lot, and there are loads on there which aren't moving and have been on for months and months. I'd also ignore the asking prices - what is being asked and what they go for are quite different.

If you take a look in the FS section here, not much moves quickly.

A good MY00 one with 50k miles and a few mods should fetch 18-22k imo.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
i want an r34, but that will be in the future, i just hope there will be a mass extinction of the 32 so they increase in price lol

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
I don't think R34's are shifting at all well.

I watch Pistonheads a lot, and there are loads on there which aren't moving and have been on for months and months. I'd also ignore the asking prices - what is being asked and what they go for are quite different.

If you take a look in the FS section here, not much moves quickly.

A good MY00 one with 50k miles and a few mods should fetch 18-22k imo.
well thats your own opinion

thats the problem

the days of cheap cars comming from japan (regardless of grade) are gone

the yen £ rate is tragic at the moment

not many people want to sink £25k+ into a car at the moment

those which are over here, have been through tough salty winters (in the main) etc

i see alot of cars both in japan and in the UK , and some which are described as "mint" are far from it.

if i was to sell mine it woudl be for alot more than£18k:D

·
Registered
794 Posts
i reckon its supply vs demand...

i reckon now when 3 mil are unemployed and lotsa economc trouble theres little demand for a 25k 10yr old car that is expensive to run, insure etc......unless this changes i dun think r34 prices will go up really....

sayin dat, i saw best bargins in late 08 and early 09...nowdays the desperate sellers are done and sellers holdin firm...i still think the best way fwd for uk sellers is adverstise in Europe and make it eazy for them to buy...with the pound 1:1 its a damn bargin for dem, i remember it was 1:1.5

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
i reckon its supply vs demand...

i reckon now when 3 mil are unemployed and lotsa economc trouble theres little demand for a 25k 10yr old car that is expensive to run, insure etc......unless this changes i dun think r34 prices will go up really....

sayin dat, i saw best bargins in late 08 and early 09...nowdays the desperate sellers are done and sellers holdin firm...i still think the best way fwd for uk sellers is adverstise in Europe and make it eazy for them to buy...with the pound 1:1 its a damn bargin for dem, i remember it was 1:1.5
my previous GT-R Went to Europe

and no doubt my 34 will do as well

:wavey:

·
Registered
423 Posts
i went to the uk for mine and brought it back to ireland, did very good with the exchange rate,the cars i looked at were around £25K

·
Registered
519 Posts
Must stop these Europeans nicking all our cars... :(

I think i'd dive into a decent R34 if one came up - at the right price.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i'm in the market for a nice R34 GTR... i'm in France and i really think i'll buy my GTR in UK because i can see what i'm buying unlike when importing a car from Japan...:smokin:

if anybody knows a nice R34 GTR if possible a V Spec modele for sale thanks for telling me...:wavey:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Will also source my next car in the UK, still have to wait at least one year (EU-mission), but after coming home again I will start searching. I also saw the prices falling the last years, very interesting as I´m from austria ;).
Hopefully I will find a nice ride (R34 vspec), as I also recogniced that UK-descriptions of their rides are always very optimistic (minter, no rust dents aso...).
So I hope that the prices still drop the next year :D

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
Will also source my next car in the UK, still have to wait at least one year (EU-mission), but after coming home again I will start searching. I also saw the prices falling the last years, very interesting as I´m from austria ;).
Hopefully I will find a nice ride (R34 vspec), as I also recogniced that UK-descriptions of their rides are always very optimistic (minter, no rust dents aso...).
So I hope that the prices still drop the next year :D
lol yeah some people say its "mint" and its rusty as

having a "vspec" isnt a huge deal, non vspecs are basicaly the same

·
Registered
50 Posts
Jep, I just asked a fried of mine who is now living in scotland and he also said that I have to inspect the car very accurate, most "minters" are rustbuckets...
Just saw some nice GTRs at PH, nicely modded (if the speclist is correct) for about 30k. Fair price, will be my goal (in €) for a nice clean non-standard R34. Personally I prefer R32s, but they are quite old right now...
Maybe we will have a chat in a year or so ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Prices seem to be holding on the whole, but there are a lot of 30K+ GTR's which have been cropping up recently and some seem to have sold as well.
One there now that apparently sold with a price of £39,995 :confused:
The rest are all the dogs that have been there since the first day I looked for one.

I bought this (UK V Spec) for loads of reasons but one was to have a car that wouldn't drop in value too much over the time I owned it as opposed to say a new Scooby instead. So if prices stay as they are it's all good :D
I paid a lot less than 30K for mine as well

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi,
Yes I agree, it is due of the new R35 and I personnly think It was also due of the new EU rules with the CO² emission.

Thats my own opinion.

:confused:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
There's a nice black one for sale on forum, 18 grand. There goes the prices rising theory! That car will sell, because it's correctly priced. The over-priced ones wont, which is why some of them have been for sale for over a year. A ****ing year and it hasn't sold? How much proof do you need before you realise it's over-priced ffs! :chairshot

1 - 20 of 42 Posts