GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Where do R34GTR prices start in the UK ?

Not arsed about Jap imports as this would be the most cost effective option (and besides they are all jap imports anyway)

Ta

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Evo Mincer (sorry I mean Muncher) :eek:

Exactly where have you been munching Evo's my friend ?

Obviously not on anything remotely twisty ;) or challenging - we can all drive down the Santa Pod drag with a load of bhp under our right feet :D

What are you running, big man ??

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Hey TT,

Apart from the leather you mentioned, the UK cars came with 3 seperate oil coolers. If I'm not mistaken, engine, transmission and diffs. The engine cooler also meant the front bumper design was slightly modified.

Also, I think the UK versions came with a revised MFD, although not the final one made by NISMO. Finally, the dash is slightly different as they removed any instances of the Japanese spec SatNav and CD controller.

Bear in mind the R34 does need the oil cooler especially if you plan on tracking it, so if you don't buy a UK one, make sure you retro fit a good one like I did. There are also debates as to where it should go, make your own mind about that.

I also upgraded my MFD to the NISMO II version, which is better than the UK one also. So in reality, if leather is not your cake (wasn't mine, get thrown about too much on the track) then you could spec up an import version. But beware about spending more on the long run. Although the components I've upgraded are better than the UK versions, expect to pay a little more in the long run.

Warranty is also another issue to think about, but if you buy from Middlehurst (only official UK Skyline dealer) then you will be bound in chains to them, so you can forget about getting aftermarket exhausts through after market tuners.

I've never heard of anyone using their warranty on an R34, so I can't see there being an urgent need of one.

Cem

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Copied this from Middlehursts page.

• Headlamps and side lamps
  • Tyres 'E' marked
  • All glass 'E' marked
  • Kenwood radio / cassette & 6 stack CD boot unit
  • Thatcham category 1 alarm / immobiliser
  • Fitting of Connolly leather interior
  • Engine oil cooler (aeroquiped)
  • Gearbox cooler (aeroquiped)
  • Transfer cooler (aeroquiped)
  • ECU modified to 155 mph limiter to run on UK fuel
  • 3 year Manufacturers Warranty
  • 3 years RAC Membership
  • Dealer back-up
  • Fully SVA tested (Singly Type Approved)
  • One of only 80 vehicles

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
UK spec coolers: were there not 4 ? (engine oil, transfer, gearbox, rear diff; the latter 3 with Nismo oil pumps).

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Oil cooler(s) are definitely worth the premium, it'll be one of the first things you'll find yourself buying if you get one without one. I would say so anyway. :)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Cem or anyone else

Whats the difference between the UK version and NISMO II version for the MFD?

Vincent

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
From memory...

Oil temps start from 50 deg instead of 70.
Oil pressure.
No voltage or throttle. Something else replaces it.

Can't remember rest.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Differences between UK and Jap spec...

One speaks nooo ingrish.. the other slightly broken, but with a distinct scally slur... :D

(P.S. Morning Cem, sorry for the lack of e-mails [as if you may have been wondering, ha!], I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I'm up in Oldham until next Monday.. :) )

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey boys, My UK R34 has the MFD2 with throttle and oil pressure and temp? Can't remember seeing voltage though.

Yes, only 3 additional oil coolers.

Also, I have used the warranty for a new battery and a throttle position switch went a little doolaly. RAC came and took the car back to MM and they returned it too.

Also, MM will fit Nismo or HKS exhaust and intakes and with a kind word even let the warranty exist with these additions.
It's a tough call with the leather, personally I wouldn't be without it and even if it's not to your taste I believe Paul GTR34 sold his seats for over £2k? Paul?

Gotta love the 112mph limit being removed but this is a cheap mod to imports anyway.

And, unless your buying a brand new NUR spec (all sold out?) it will be used so CHECK THE HISTORY carefully.

My tuppence worth :)

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
UK Cars came with the MFD v1 upgrade. The one sold by Nismo now is v2.

Pressure is now measured in kPa rather than km/cm2 and oil pressure replaces the throttle postion readout in the bar-graph screen. Acceleration is now mesured in m/s2 rather than Gs.

:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Prices ?

All this techno jargon is very useful.

However, no one has quoted me any prices yet ?

Anyone ?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Strange that about the oil coolers.
On the R33 UK car there were four cooles just as Andre describes.

I think the leather interior is excellent but if you are nowhere near six foot tall (there go those nambi pambi british units of measurement again Andre) then you will slip all over the place.

Strange that no one has mentioned price at all which was the original question.

Import about 30K. UK version pricess are asked for anywhere up to 45K but mid thirties ir probably more realistic. I think due to tax law changes there may be a few people who are not commited enthusiasts of the car off loading their 'company car R34'.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts