GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on looking for a knocking sound on my front suspension i have found that the shock is faulty

well i think it is as it is reasonable easy to compress the piston by hand however much harder to pull it back out again.

in my mind i think it should return swiftly and smoothly on its own?

so...................

1) am i correct in my thinking?
2) anybody got some shocks??

cheers
sean

·
Registered
936 Posts
sean_goodman said:
on looking for a knocking sound on my front suspension i have found that the shock is faulty

well i think it is as it is reasonable easy to compress the piston by hand however much harder to pull it back out again.

in my mind i think it should return swiftly and smoothly on its own?

so...................

1) am i correct in my thinking?
2) anybody got some shocks??

cheers
sean
I suspect you may be wrong.

I have Nismo R tune suspension on mine. I took the springs off and the piston was easier to push in than pull out. It could be due to the fact I can adjust the rebound on mine.

I suspect the knocking noise is more likely to be:

1. Bush at the base of the shock worn
2. Lower arm bush/bearing worn (most likely cause)

I have a set of front Tein coilovers for sale for £75.00. They are a little old and came off an R33 GTR. But they would be cheap to use if needed as a stop gap and of course they are adjustable!

Nik

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NikWilson said:
I suspect you may be wrong.

I have Nismo R tune suspension on mine. I took the springs off and the piston was easier to push in than pull out. It could be due to the fact I can adjust the rebound on mine.

I suspect the knocking noise is more likely to be:

1. Bush at the base of the shock worn
2. Lower arm bush/bearing worn (most likely cause)

I have a set of front Tein coilovers for sale for £75.00. They are a little old and came off an R33 GTR. But they would be cheap to use if needed as a stop gap and of course they are adjustable!

Nik
both bushes seem to be ok, when i press sharply on the shock with the spring still attached (bit like playin with a pogo stick) i can hear a bit of a knock. the bush on the shock is a bit out of shape but intact.

thanks for the offer but i have trust dowmax springs fitted all round so if i put your teins on th efront i think it would upset things a bit

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anybody know where is the best place to buy shocks from and what sort of price i should budget for new items?

cheers
sean

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
If your after the stock GTR34 shocks, then last time i enquired they weren;t that ex*****ve TBH. Although you can only buy them in pairs, but you should do this in any case

1 - 6 of 6 Posts