GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning All

I have a quick query for anybody in the know that could possibly help me! I have been looking at the R34 GTR's in the UK for some time now without ever actually coming close to buying one......however this Christmas time my travels are likely to take me to Japan (Tokyo, probably) for a short period of time and was wondering what sort of price they shift for over there. Basically I want to find out if there is any economic benefit from buying one in Japan and shipping it over to the UK myself rather than buying one in this country for the usual price of around £25k.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Michael

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Probably more hassle than it's worth, just contact an importer and get them to do it for you, they only take a small cut/fee of the price of the car, it was said on here about £500, but then you're guaranteed/insured and don't have to do any leg work.

·
Super Moderator
16,093 Posts
You will be surprised at how much GTRs are in Japan. The Yen is not particularly favourable to the pound at the moment, I feel you might find they are more expensive than £25K once you've taken into account shipping, importation taxes etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah right ok. It looks like I'm going to be there anyway so I may aswell have a look around but I'll not hold my breath! I thought it may have been like America where their own cars go for pennies compared to over here!

Thanks for the info guys.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
What you could do is view a few cars in Japan with an import company and let them import it. That way you select the car you want and they import it. It's very easy to registed in the UK.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
For an idea of whats there, look for Global Auto's website. Convert the yen to pounds and you will have an idea.

·
Registered
371 Posts
They are more expensive,But I will tell u this...
I watch them all the time and the only place to
Bu from is global-auto.ne.jp
This is by far the best gtrs available

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I've had a quick look on that site and they can vary anywhere between £20k & £40k. Is global auto a sort of Japanese pistonheads full of private ads do you know or is it an actual garage / dealership? If it's the latter I may pay them a visit when I'm over there.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Global is an actual dealer
Loads of info in youtube and google on them
It could work out more expensive to buy from Japan
But your gtr would be a lot cleaner and lower kms

1 - 12 of 12 Posts