GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just in the process of buying an imported R35 chassis number 0000009, so one of the first, it's only just come into the country and i've just bought it on e bay from a dealer in Bradford!
With the above points taken into consideration......i'm crapping myself and just wanting to do as many checks as i can to make sure it's a sound car.
What i'm trying to get at is does anyone know any bad things about this car, maybe someone on here from Japan?
It supposedly was in lots of Jap mags as it was one of the first, just wanna make sure it hasn't been in an accident or being sold with major faults?
Any advise guys?
Thanks James.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Consult III will tell you all you need to know

But let me tell you:

1. ebay
2. bradford
3. 000000009

= bad news written alllll over it

Buy cheap pay dear springs to mind

·
Registered
680 Posts
Being as it was one of the first GTR's i would think that car has not had an easy life so far.

I sorta agree with Bens thinking.

Hopefully my thoughts are wrong and you get a good motor.

·
Vendor
12,675 Posts
mulitiple x mulitiple x mulitiple launches spring to mind:bawling::bawling:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in the motor trade and i paid 40k for the car, so i think it's a fair price, i've owned 3 UK supplied r35 already and have sold them on.
I do alot of buying on e-bay so i'm just worried about the car not the money, sounds like it'll be a gamble, i'm only 10 minutes from Ben who kindly spoke to me this morning, so i'll pop it over to him when i get it.
Any more views welcome?
Should it sell for 44K?

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Hi James, the early cars have had reports of more problems than later cars. There is a supposed TM issue with a solenoid but its happened to later cars too.

it might be worth a gearbox flash update and a check over by middlehurst, whether they will find anything different to Ben is debatable.

if the miles are higher just make sure the oils are changed and the wheels aligned

have fun like you did in the other R35s

R

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Mr Maj, why do you want the ebay link the auction is over, i've won the car?

maybe he knows something about the car in question ?

we're a pretty close kit community who look out for each other. We don't really like guys involved with GTR's for a quick buck.

If your buying from them for 40k. then how much did it cost them ? 35k ? which includes crazy uk import taxes. possibly bought in japan for 25k. If it sounds too good to be true it usualy is.

Do a bimta check on it to make sure mileage checks out & not stolen.

·
Registered
168 Posts
maybe he knows something about the car in question ?

we're a pretty close kit community who look out for each other. We don't really like guys involved with GTR's for a quick buck.

If your buying from them for 40k. then how much did it cost them ? 35k ? which includes crazy uk import taxes. possibly bought in japan for 25k. If it sounds too good to be true it usualy is.

Do a bimta check on it to make sure mileage checks out & not stolen.
Or maybe he was trying to buy the car before James lol

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Maybe its a nice mash up of all the crashed ones. maybe they thought it might be nice to make a good one out of it.
I really dont know why people think they can honestly make a quick buck on ebay with high end cars. For the sake of a few grand for one i would want the assurance of a dealer, and 2, one day, said dealer is going to get bit on the arse by a customer for a lot more than a few grand when it all goes tits up.
Thank God we have a community here that likes to know what it's buying.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got it, lovely car, never had any paint, no lights on, up for sale already.
A gamble but it seems ok so far, thanks to those who gave advise. I don't know what everyone has against car traders we've all got to make our money somehow!
Thanks James

·
Registered
26,279 Posts
Got it, lovely car, never had any paint, no lights on, up for sale already.
A gamble but it seems ok so far, thanks to those who gave advise. I don't know what everyone has against car traders we've all got to make our money somehow!
Thanks James
great, you want a banner / trade ad as well?

·
Administrator
31,833 Posts
i don't think anyone has anything against car dealers, but buying a car so obviously cheap, having no clue what might be wrong with it, yet selling it on anyway just stinks a bit

how many launches HAS it done, or have you not checked?

4k is a hell of a small margain for such a high risk sale

mook

·
Registered
690 Posts
The biggest mug will be the person that buys it from him! No history, paper thin warranty, and a "dealer" that hasn't a clue!

·
R35 Section manager
11,164 Posts
Looks like its this one?

Item 280378699305

1 - 20 of 41 Posts