GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I’m aware a remap is available from EcuTek and can also be done remotely, however Cobb have no plans to support the newer model.

when looking for tuning boxes there seems to be offers for the up to 2016 model with 550ps and even the Nismo with 600ps however there doesn’t seem to be any tuning boxes for the 2019 model with 570ps. Does anyone have any knowledge of tuning boxes for the 2019 GTR?
Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would you want to use a tuning box?
I don’t, however if only going for a stage 1 then there are some benefits to having the box because you can remove it and put it on another car. Whereas remapping you need to pay for every car. For me it’s more a question of understanding why one isn’t available. You can get a box for all models up to the 550ps and even the Nismo 600ps but for some reason there isn’t any for the 570ps 2017, 18, 19, 20 & 2021 models and even Cobb dont support them with the acessport, however EcuTek offer remote tuning via a tuner.

Seems like EcuTek have found it easy to do and others have not found a way to remap or otherwise they would have an offering and I’m just interested to learn some more.

·
Vendor
3,764 Posts
The tuning boxes are just cheaply made when you look at the design and effort that goes into a oem ecu.

There taking a signal and changing it which takes a very small amount of time.

The oem ecu sends signals of its operating parameters to the gearbox tcm, how could a tuning box do this.?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tuning boxes are just cheaply made when you look at the design and effort that goes into a oem ecu.

There taking a signal and changing it which takes a very small amount of time.

The oem ecu sends signals of its operating parameters to the gearbox tcm, how could a tuning box do this.?
I’m not sure how it’s done and personally go with EcuTek Racerom and have the car tuned correctly.
I’m just curious why tuning boxes are available for GTR’s up until 550ps 2016 and also the 2017 and 2018 570ps and the 600 Nismo but not for the 2019 onwards 570ps model.

I know the ECU was changed in 2019, however like you say the tuning box only interfere with the signals and so I was just wondering what has stopped the makers from making tuning boxes, even Cobb do not support the 2019 onwards and have no plans to. However EcuTek have added remote tuning, live tuning etc. Just wondered why?

·
Vendor
3,764 Posts
Ecutek is under constant development with worldwide support. It’s a product that’s well known and does a good job of manipulating the std ecu’s functions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts