GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just arrived home in my new Litchfield developed DBA GTR.

Spec -

Litchfield 4.6litre engine conversion
LM spec. Capricorn pistons and liner conversion
LM spec. Arrow Precision connecting rods
LM spec. forged stroker crankshaft
LM Turbo manifold kit with twin custom Garrett GT32R turbos with Billet 76mm compressor wheels
LM Fuel rails
LM Fuel system with 360 fuel system (more reliable and quieter)
LM intake manifold
LM Race Intercooler and intake system
Litchfield 102mm exhaust system with Akrapovic tips
OEM ECU recalibrated with Ecutek software
LM spec. Bilstein Damptronic suspension with custom Eibach springs and anti-roll bar
LM Handling/castor kit
LM front Quaife diff
Carbon front lipspoiler
Carbon side skirt extension
LM20 Carbon fibre rear lipspoiler
LM Carbon fibre roof
LM20 Carbon rear bumper vents on MY17 bumper
Litchfield Stage 4 Gearbox build with Dodson Motorsport clutch
Dodson Motorsport upgraded gearset with Overdrive 6th gear
New Alcon Super Kit with 400mm brake discs and CNC Calipers
Rays G25 with PS4S - 265/305

Currently running 1022bhp and 790 lb.ft torque.

I'm coming from a stage 4.25 660 bhp and 615 lb.ft and the new car feels insane. It's going to take me awhile to adjust to the relentless power and with the handling mods the turn in is much more crisp with far less initial push understeer.

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
An amazing spec and car but an evil post as there are no pictures!

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Gearbox protection?

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Ah, excellent, a monster build, 4.6! :eek: glad you kept the car and went the build route :thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some quick photos. I wanted a fairly conservative tune for now considering brand new gearbox etc so in 6 months when I go back for an oil change I may get them to turn with wick up. However more power is certainly not something it needs!

[/url]Untitled

[/url]Untitled

[/url]IMG_9524 (1)

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Very nice with the rear MY17 conversion :)
Did you partex your old daytona blue for this one?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice with the rear MY17 conversion :)
Did you partex your old daytona blue for this one?
Yeah I did. This one only has 5k miles so it was an easy decision. Also the interior has had the works with head to toe Alcantara and carbon.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's significantly faster. The 4.25 was fast enough but you could definitely feel the drop off at the top end. This feels as quick at 4-5k rpm then it's just relentless right towards the redline.

I haven't even wound the boost up to the full 1.7 bar yet because my brain is getting recalibrated to the acceleration.

There's definitely less understeer and traction kicking in at aggressive turn in as well. I had the suspension kit with arb and the castor kit on the last car but this one has those components, upper arms and the quaife front diff which must contribute to the front end precision.

All in all this will be the fastest car I may ever own and every time I flex my toe I feel my license is in serious danger!

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's significantly faster. The 4.25 was fast enough but you could definitely feel the drop off at the top end. This feels as quick at 4-5k rpm then it's just relentless right towards the redline.

I haven't even wound the boost up to the full 1.7 bar yet because my brain is getting recalibrated to the acceleration.

There's definitely less understeer and traction kicking in at aggressive turn in as well. I had the suspension kit with arb and the castor kit on the last car but this one has those components, upper arms and the quaife front diff which must contribute to the front end precision.

All in all this will be the fastest car I may ever own and every time I flex my toe I feel my license is in serious danger!
I can only but dream of something like this.....:bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
That sounds insane!! A fantastic car no doubt!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts